Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Of the 4 Aliens films made so far, what's your favorite one and why ? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Of the 4 Aliens films made so far, what's your favorite one and why ?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we possibly get any MORE obscure here? No? Great.

[ December 09, 2003, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably.

I'm boring. I favor them in sequential order. Charles S. Dutton is a neat guy.

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just don't bump into him in the street. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: "Surely someone else here has seen Spaceballs?"

No, see what I meant was that when "Spaceballs" came to Sweden, I was about the only one who appreciated the nod to Michigan J. Frog in that scene, everyone else just went "what the hell?".

Up until the late 80's, Looney Tunes were rather obscure up here, we had mostly Disney, Hanna-Barbera and Universal (Woody Woodpecker) to turn to.
They had "Looney Tunes" almost exclusively on video rental when I grew up, which we of course rented aplenty over the years...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck the frog: I laughed so hard when I first saw Spaceballs that I missed the rest of the movie and I never saw the cartoon it refrenced untill years later.
It's just such an absurdly funny scene that the refrence isint needed at all.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I've always wondered, where did they get the name "Michigan J. Frog"? It was never in the original cartoon. Was it some obscure behind-the-scenes thing from back then, or did they just invent it on a whim in the '90s?
Cartman
Member # 256

No, no, no. Chuckie named him after "The Michigan Rag", a song written for the cartoon in '55. This is still popular culture, albeit ever-so-slightly less so. B)
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he also named "Marvin the Martian" which never appeared in any of the cartoons.

Maybe they would have named the Alien "Allie McBeal" after all.....they have about the same figure.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her head's not that big.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Her head's not that big. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And he says: Why'd you say that twice?
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, he's got a big smilie. Jeez he's got a big smilie.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a bit of an echo in here, isn't there?

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yes. Yes.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

For you, Jase, any time.

any time...

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps