Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » ALIENS: "I want to introduce you to a personal friend of mine..." (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ALIENS: "I want to introduce you to a personal friend of mine..."
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend: Well the pulse rifle was a real weapon. Two, in fact.
A stripped Tommy gun with a sawed-off shotgun under the barrel, and nice plastic to hold it all together.
The ones in the movie could just as well have fired real bullets.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm aware of that.
If I recall the two Smartguns were also just redressed weapons mounted on stedi-cam rigs.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want a sexy looking gun - why not just adopt the P90?

I've seen it on Stargate for a while now - and it's gorgeous!

Though I have no idea how well it shoots...

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Strange how the Pulse rifle looks more like a real weapon than the real thing itself.
This new one looks like something you'd expect to find in Toys'R'Us, next to the moulded plastic walkie-talkies and the action-man play costumes.

Yeah, and if you want to be REEEAALLL evil.... Paint the tip of the barrel ORANGE so the police will know its really just a toy gun.....OOOPPPSSS!

The next step will be grenades that are shaped and colored like Coke cans. Here Mr. Bin Laden....have a Coke and a smile!

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treknophyle: The P90 has one small flaw; if you drop it or accidentally bump it into something, the whole loading mechanism is liable to jam.
The magazine lock is real tricky too, I've heard.

Reverend: Well the answer was for everyone, no patronizing meant. [Wink]
Yes, the portable smart guns and the sentry guns were all built on the old german MG42, nicknamed the "Hitler-Saw".

I picked one up in a gun shop in Brighton last year, it weighs like 25 pounds, unloaded.
Respect goes out to Jenette Goldstein (Vasquez) who trudged along with that monster for weeks.
("Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade" is a good anime where the anti-terrorist forces also carry those crazy things)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I believe the OICW is being introduced soon in the Marine Corp, but it's so damned expensive and complex that it's just going to be issued to one or two members of each squad, kinda like a support weapon rather than a standard issue rifle.
Yup. A field weapon has to be both robust and spartan, and the OICW doesn't fit either bill for obvious reasons.
Nim
Member # 205

Like they would actually entrust Private Tom, Dick and Harry each with a personal 25mm Hi-Explosive airburst cannon in tomorrow's Afghanistan, the world's most expensive Reality Show.  -
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Among 'amateur' propmakers, the M-41A is kinda the Holy Grail. You are truly among the elite if you build one from scratch, incorporating the Thompson parts, the SPAS 12 parts, and also parts from a Remington shotgun (or, say, the Airsoft equivalents). To say nothing of all the custom-made components, and even an ammo counter - some of which actually count down!

Check out Jimbo's site, he's currently helping me build my first ever kit, a PPG. But his Pulse Rifle is awesome: http://www.tk560.com/m41a.html 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
Member # 205

Daem.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want one. And I want that badass phased plasma rifle from The Terminator. Think of all the impressionable people you could fool with those things. B)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet: Now build me that Battlestar Galactica blaster around a working Desert Eagle.
And a taser in a TOS "mini" phaser housing.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I know people who do original BSG replica blasters. In fact one bunch sell them on eBay regularly, just do a search.

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Jason: "Sweet: Now build me that Battlestar Galactica blaster around a working Desert Eagle."

If it's all the same I'll settle for just the 'Eagle, thank you!
Though the original israeli one, without them fat, ugly scope rails...

Nim
Member # 205

Update: They've released some movieclips of the XM-8 "pulse rifle" in action, it's a damn crazy thing. I think it passed Ripley's M41A two miles back. Man.
http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?s=1-292925-xm8.php

The most ironic thing, I think, is that the firing-sound it makes in those clips sound better than any sound effect I've ever heard in any computer game or action movie. It's too good to be true, the XM-8 project is.
It'll turn out to be some coy trick by Charlton Heston, I'll bet.

When you get to the grenade launcher mounting clip you'll probably start tittering, I did.
I've seen cellphones more complicated than this.

[ March 15, 2004, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Nim ]

Lee
Member # 393

Oh, I fucking want one! They'll never go for it, it's too revolutionary. Some congressman will get on his high horse about buying American, and they'll end up with some Colt or S&W piece of shit that'll be indistinguishable from the M-16 in function and will have years of teething troubles. . .

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps