Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » ALIENS: "I want to introduce you to a personal friend of mine..." (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ALIENS: "I want to introduce you to a personal friend of mine..."
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The most ironic thing, I think, is that the firing-sound it makes in those clips sound better than any sound effect I've ever heard in any computer game or action movie. It's too good to be true, the XM-8 project is.
It'll turn out to be some coy trick by Charlton Heston, I'll bet.

Really? Elaborate. As a completely non-gun person, I thought it kinda sounded quiet and wimpy. (And no, I could hear the volume on the guy quite well) Or is that why its good?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion, the sound was bass-thick, even and very fast.
Granted, the microphone, the surrounding terrain and some other factors affect the end product but to me it sounded good.

The only thing I don't get is why lose the good old iron sights? That Hi-Tech sighting module looks fancy but what if you crack it against an outhouse or accidentally pee on it?
Or run out of Duracells, for that matter, *snort*.

It doesn't seem to accept them Picantinny Circus rails, either.
Not that I think an assault rifle with a laser sight, an infra-red scope, a flashlight, a rangefinder, two magazine holders and a screw-on pistol grip all at once looks effective.
Makes it look like a "Ghostbusters"-sprinkler.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming buying one of those detailed prop recreations is out of one's price range, why not make one out of paper.
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend made one with wood, resin, plastic, and some nuts and bolts:

Sugoi Foros -> Modelismo
Sugoi Foros -> StarNet

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps