Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Alien vs. Predator ($$$AVP Spoilers$$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Alien vs. Predator ($$$AVP Spoilers$$$)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should have asked him "What the fuck was Millienium about anyway!?!"

It would've been hilarious.

Then he'd have killed you.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
From what I've read of what little Weaver and Scott have said in various interviews, they're interesting into going into the origins of the Aliens and the 'Space Jockey' which should be interesting to see, if it comes about.

Now that I wouldn't mind seeing.

I believe the first Aliens novel (the one that came out at the same time as Alien3 where they changed Newt and Hicks into different people because Fincher killed them off) went into the origins of the Aliens and how it related to the Space Jockey a little bit.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Somehow I doubt script quality is much of an issue for Michael Biehn these days."

If only he had exploited his It-Factor. B)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By Space Jockey, do you guys mean the gigantor alien whose crashed ship they found in Alien and Aliens?

I think it would definitely be cool to get some back history on that, but always assumed it was just an unlucky ship that happened to run into the xenomorphs. If the Predators have been hunting the xenomorphs for centuries by the time of Alien, the Space Jockey guy couldn't have had anything to do with actually creating them. At least, you wouldn't think so. But then, we have no way of knowing how long that ship had been on the planet before the Nostromo came along.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually in the first Alien flick, the eggs that John Hurt blunders into are all pretty neatly lined up and under a laser/sensor thingie.
It even makes a sound when he runs his hand through it.

I'd say the eggs were being transported and the pilot got "infected" somehow.
Hence the lack of a Queen (or her corpse) on the ship (although most of the ship went unexplored).

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the first screenplay, it wasn't a derelect spaceship, it was a temple of some sort and the eggs where in a basement, underneath. Since it was intended to be vague and not have an explination, one surfaced during pre-production.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah... I remember wondering about the laser field they were under. Though, it didn't seem to be keeping the eggs in as much as a trigger to open them. It was when the field was broken that one of the eggs did its thing.

Regardless, something had to set the field up, unless the eggs themselves created it somehow. It doesn't seem like something the Xenomorphs could do. I'd be curious to know what the original intent behind that laser field was.

I definitely agree, though, that the story of how they got on board and what happened before the crash would be interesting.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't they throw in ALF, Starman, the hunter dude from X-files and a bunch of other alien franchises and then do what Marvel did with their big all-against-all a few years back.

Personally, I thought A3 was disappointing and the last one was just ridiculous. Just another ruined franchise because of a lack of vision. (see "Highlander")

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I've only seen Alien 4 once, and I don't recall it being *that* horrible. Not on par with 1 or 2, but certainly not "Street Fighter" (which, incedently, is the worst comic adaptation ever).
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father Aban wrote: "Regardless, something had to set the field up, unless the eggs themselves created it somehow.
It doesn't seem like something the Xenomorphs could do.
I'd be curious to know what the original intent behind that laser field was."

Since the ship was probably a freighter carrying the eggs as ordnance, the laser field might well have been a "protective wrap", keeping the eggs fresh and inactive by messing with the air under the field or something, maybe just emitting a low-frequency sound to soothe the little eggs, and Kane's sinewy body messed up the acoustics royally.
So when Kane penetrated the fragile flower that was the laser layer (much like the Enterprise visa vi Scimitar), it lost its grip over the eggs' processes and before you know it it's Facehugger Does Dallas.
 -

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I've only seen Alien 4 once, and I don't recall it being *that* horrible. Not on par with 1 or 2, but certainly not "Street Fighter" (which, incedently, is the worst comic adaptation ever).

Ripley bumped uglies (That term has never been more appropriate) with the Alien Queen and the Queen had an albino Alien love child. That pretty much blows it for me. That and Dan Hedaya's disgusting amount of back and arm hair.

The plot of escaping from the labyrinthine corridors of the ship swarming with aliens rehashed Alien and Aliens basically with it's big "excitement" being the alien swimming underwater.

I thought "Tha Fantastic Four" or "Captain America" was the worst comic book to movie adaptation? [Wink]

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

Dammit, I did it again. Ignore. [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

You're right... they are worse than Street Fighter. I think I meant "video game adaptation", though. In which case, I stand by my statement. Though "Double Dragon" and "Mario Brothers" are also right up there.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never thought I'd be linking to this one day.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was unprofessional of that writer to just dismiss "Resident Evil" without even having watched it, just parroting what some other bozo had said. Especially if he's a writer for a "serious" video game website. [Roll Eyes]

"Resident Evil" was probably the best video game adaption yet, and it stood pretty good on its own merits as horror actions go.
It and "28 Days Later" were the best of their genre that year, IMO.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps