Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Alien vs. Predator ($$$AVP Spoilers$$$) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Alien vs. Predator ($$$AVP Spoilers$$$)
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Final Fantasy: The Spirits within. Reviewing movies you haven't seen makes you look stupid.

Now, I wanna see a Castlevania movie. You could do some seriously cool stuff with Simon, the friggin' man, Belmont. Who's with me?

*raises a high five*

Back to Aliens... I've seen the First Person POV Aliens / Predators / Marines game and it looked pretty sweet. You can play from any of the three points of view. It's basically just you running around trashin' the place and racking up a body count. But you do have to actually accomplish goals.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh come on you naysayers, that article was only written in good fun, not to be an A-grade analysis of video game spinoffs. The journalistic integrity of the entire site didn't ride on it or anything, geez.

And Aliens vs. Predator was cool. The sequel even more so.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOT ACCORDING TO POPULAR OPINION!

At the very least, it was less hardcore. So says me, the almighty reviewing man. Who has never played the second one. *cough*

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALMIGHTY REVIEWING MEN DON'T TAKE PRO-PLUS

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They do if they run out of tea bags.
Cartman
Member # 256

ALMIGHTY REVIEWING MEN DON'T DRINK TEA

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

They blatently do. Almost constantly.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
Member # 256

WELL THEN THEY ARE NOT ALMIGHTY

And you should really grab a copy of AvP2. No reviewing man can be almighty without it.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within too, it's a pity that they probably won't be making any more.

As for AvP2, that's the most jumpy game I've played since that bit in Resident Evil where the dog jumps through the window.
I'm sure that the motion detector was invented purely as a devise for suspense, the bloody thing nearly gave me a heart attack.

This is a little off topic but it's something I didn't notice until recently.
In Alien, when Ripley discovers Lambert and Parker's bodies, you can see something dangling in the foreground. Now I had never really paid attention to this and just assumed it was Lambert's arm. Recently I purchased the Quadrilogy boxset and while watching the new director's cut I noticed that they were in fact Lambert's bare legs. (I shudder to think what we would have seen had Paul Verhoeven directed this instead of Ridley Scott). I usually chalk this sort of thing up to my poor eyesight and dumb lack of general awareness (what pipe? *bonk*) but I just wanted to ask if anyone else failed to notice this, or if it's just me not paying attention?
I don't know what's more disturbing, that the alien did this to Lambert or the possibility that it did it to Bret and Dallas too (RE: the egg burning scene).

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been so long since I've seen Alien, I don't remember. But I recently bought the director's cut of Aliens with all the restored scenes. It's most frightening. I've been looking for Alien in the same release set, but I haven't found it yet.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the director's cut in the theatres a few months back and it was pretty boring (all the suspense is lost after you've seen the film a few times).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend: "I don't know what's more disturbing, that the alien did this to Lambert or the possibility that it did it to Bret and Dallas too"

Did what? What is it you think the Alien did to Lambert?
And why where her legs dangling (we do see its tail stroking the inside of Lambert's leg earlier)?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's been so long since I've seen Alien, I don't remember. But I recently bought the director's cut of Aliens with all the restored scenes. It's most frightening. I've been looking for Alien in the same release set, but I haven't found it yet.
Yeah, the Special Edition of Aliens is much better than the theatrical version. Particularly because of the early colony/Newt scenes...and those robot sentries and just the dog's bollocks.
As for the Alien Director's cut, try here.

quote:
I saw the director's cut in the theatres a few months back and it was pretty boring (all the suspense is lost after you've seen the film a few times).
I thought it would be which is why I didn't bother seeing it in the cinema...that plus the Odeon in Salisbury is a bunch of dingoe's kidneys.
Actually the main reason I bought the set was to see the Alien 3 "work print". Which while still being rough was well worth it...although to be honest I kinda perfered it when you saw the chest-burster at the end.

quote:
Did what? What is it you think the Alien did to Lambert?
And why where her legs dangling (we do see its tail stroking the inside of Lambert's leg earlier)?

Ok, the last we see of Lambert the alien is moving it's tail up in between her legs (technically those were Bret's legs, but that's just something they pulled in editing) cut to Ripley running down a corridor with Lambert panting and screaming over the intercom, then we see Ripley enter the room with Lambert's now bare legs and feet dangling in the foreground with a trickle of blood running down the inside.
Do I have to draw you a diagram?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked that scene: I first saw it years ago -when sci-fi channel was'nt shit like it is now- they showed Alien with Tom Skeritt giving commentary and showing cut scenes at the commercial breaks.
Lambert and er...the chief from Homicide: Life on the street are moving oxygen canisters onto a cart: the alien is just sitting curled up in the middle of the room in a fetal position (those tube thingies sticking up) and they dont even notice it untill it's tail uncurls toward Lambert and the queen of hysteria finally gets killed.
the scen got cut originally because the alien moving toward Lamert is the silliest looking, slow moving thing in the world and looks as scary as the Creature From The Black Lagoon.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Rev: Excellent. It's on my list to buy after Stargate Season 2 and La Femme Nikita Season 2. Not a bad price either.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps