Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Yet another "Stargate" thread... (with spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Yet another "Stargate" thread... (with spoilers)
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, by "involved" I just meant in touch with people who worked there enough to have access to the facility.

Now, it did appear that the the Gate was abandoned and mothballed in the future the team briefly visited in "1969", and as I recall, we don't even know if the Gate was still in the Cheyenne Mountain facility. Or did they show the ramp? But Cassie had a hand device that allowed her to operate the Gate sans dialing device, so *some* advances in Gate technology must continue sometime well into the future.

Unfortunately, we'll most likely never get to see what happens to the Gate program over the course of the next 20 - 30 years. SG-1 will end after next season, and the focus will shift to what's going on in the Andromeda Galaxy. So unless everything with the Goa'uld wraps up by the end of the eigth season, we may never know how things go. I'm hoping they don't wrap it up, because, presumably, part of the reason they go to Andromeda is to find tech to help the effort back in our neck of the woods.

However... if the Goa'uld are eventually defeated, and humans can freely travel the galaxy, the need for the Gate may go away after 30 or 40 years. I still don't see why it would be mothballed. More likely, it would be set up liek it's shown in "2010".

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Divorced, as explained in 'Hathor'."

And definitely not remarried, as she stated that she was unwed less than an hour before she was killed.

"...we don't even know if the Gate was still in the Cheyenne Mountain facility. Or did they show the ramp?"

I seem to recall that the room was discernable as the SGC gate room.

"So unless everything with the Goa'uld wraps up by the end of the eigth season..."

Well, the fact is, it's nearly wrapped up already. The Goa'uld have ended up in a pretty sad state now, and, apparently, the main enemy for season eight will be the Replicators.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...so *some* advances in Gate technology must continue sometime well into the future."

Maybe. It could also have been one of those Asgard remote thingies. But the fact that the SGC had closed shop and Cassandra's cryptic pointers to Sam are something of a portent that humanity had (or will) really become The Fifth Race� in SG-1's future, I think.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... I really need to get caught up with the late seasons of this series. I just friggin' love this show.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely. Which is why I'm hoping to have a Stargate forum here one day - we're getting more traffic than the Star Wars forum, after all...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...one thread every few weeks or so doesn't exactly require an entire section, in my opinion.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But by that logic, we should be dumping the Star Wars section. [Wink]

Mark <--- Loves 'em both

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We ARE a moderator short at the moment. But... *shrug*

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't have a problem with folding Star Wars into here. Perhaps I'm cynical, but I don't think there's going to be much to talk about when the last one comes out.

Also, Competitions is kind of unnecessary as well, but it serves the same useful purpose a leper's colony does.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps