Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Minor $ - Prisoner of Azkaban (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Minor $ - Prisoner of Azkaban
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I just saw this last night. I've never finished any of the books (I bailed on the first one after about 100 pages), so know almost nothing about the stories. Can someone explain to me why Sirius Black was convicted for having a part in Harry's parents' murder? Why did he come to Hogwarts, if it wasn't planning on killing Harry? Why did the rat man betray Harry's parents? Why was the volume of ice in the bottle on the train was not greater than the volume of water?

Thanks!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Can someone explain to me why Sirius Black was convicted for having a part in Harry's parents' murder?"

Because Pettigrew framed him. He made an explosion, disappeared during it as a rat, and left one of his fingers behind so he seemed to have been blown up. Since he did this while Sirius was confronting him about the Potters' deaths, it looked like Sirius blew him up.

Of course, that just made him look bad. The main reason is that everyone thought Sirius was the Potters' secret-keeper, which would have made him the only person capable of betraying them. No-one else knew that, at the last minute, the Potters had made Pettigre their secret-keeper instead.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a secret keeper? Why would Pettigrew want to betray the Potters anyway?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should probably read the book.

Secret-keeper: Part of a magical spell, the Fidelius Charm. According to Flitwick in the book:
"An immensely complex spell, involving the magical concealment of a secret inside a single, living soul. The information is hidden inside the chosen person, or Secret-Keeper, and is henceforth impossible to find � unless, of course, the Secret-Keeper chooses to divulge it. As long as the Secret-Keeper refused to speak, You-Know-Who could search the village where Lily and James were staying for years and never find them, not even if he had his nose pressed against their sitting-room window!"

As for why Pettigrew betrayed them, it was because he was working for Voldemort.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And he was working for Voldemort because he was weak, insecure, etc...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why did he come to Hogwarts, if it wasn't planning on killing Harry?
Because he saw a picture of the Weasleys and Scabbers in the "Daily Prophet". Hence he knew that Pettigrew wasn't dead but close to Harry.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Thanks, guys. I might have to see the movie again. I don't know if I plan to read the books, though.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps