Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The State of Onscreen SF (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The State of Onscreen SF
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMDB page on My Secret Identity

In later episodes, I think the guy learned to fly without using the spraycans. Ahh, good Canadian TV, this was.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I thought that they never said which Arturo went with the gang in "Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome" (I can't believe I remember the episode title). Trome said that he was going to reveal it at some point, but he left the show...

That was my general impression as well. I've read speculation that it was the "wrong" Arturo that slide, which explained his increase in wanting to be left behind (that and the disease) ... but nothing conclusive.

Mark: My guest spot on Scrubs?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I remember that pointed to the wrong Arturo sliding with them was that the one that got left behind got knocked down or something, missed the slide, then looked up after the wormhole closed and said, "Oh no...". I always took that to mean that he was the real one and knew a complete stranger had just slid with the group.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And they never resolved that or got him home? That's the worst "leaving a plot thread dangling" I've heard since the final episode of "The Pretender".
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, the whole plotline was screwed up by the end. Maybe they'd have had increasingly obvious hints that 'their' Arturo didn't come from the same original universe as them. Maybe he'd have eventually been eliminated somehow - perhaps he even became a good guy at the end - paving the way for the recovery of the original.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't that kind of what happened? Didn't Arturo sacrifice himself to save Quinn?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well
quote:

As a final jab at John, the writer's offered to make a story by John named "Exodus" into his final episode. The problem was that the writers so radically changed it that you can barely recognize it. It was one final way to show John just who knew what they were doing. Also, it is often said that you can tell when production holds much animosity to an actor's departure...because the writers kill the character in a horrible way or give some other type of horrible fate. Well, Professor Arturo had his brains sucked out, was then shot, and lastly left on a planet that *blew up*. I believe it's easy to see I'm not exaggerating on the hate that led to this firing of John.

There's a lot more info about the behind the scenes goings on and why various writers left here
http://www.dimensionofcontinuity.com/bts.htm

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, whichever Arturo it was, he ended up being a decent guy.

So... what happened at the end of Pretender? I don't think I ever saw the last episode. Ms. Parker was hot though.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dimension of Continuity.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Say what now?
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban Rune: "So... what happened at the end of Pretender? I don't think I ever saw the last episode. Ms. Parker was hot though."

Ms. Parker's wife-killing dad died at one point in the ep (I think), the building Ms. Parker and shaved oxygen-tube-guy worked in started exploding, and the whole episode ended with Ms. Parker, Jarod and autistic-irishman hijacking a subway-car and rolling out from the basement of the compund, when suddenly all explodes (building, tunnel, sides of subway-car) and Jarod exclaims "Jump!" to his companions, and all three manage to jump forwards and into the air as one (ugliest stuntwork I've seen) aaand cut!

They may have survived, they may not've, Fade to black. No more Pretender. Wieners.

Ah well, he was ugly and unsympathetic anyway. I prefer Michael T. Weiss as the meth-selling pedophile in "Freeway", one Witherspoon-flick I really enjoy. Kiefer was great, also.

*Bob (Kiefer Sutherland) is wheeled into the court-room, dribbling and fuming*
-"Bob??? Is that you? Look who got beaten with the ugly-stick, lol!"
-*snort-dribble-wheeze*
 -

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I'll have to pick up Freeway. I love all things Keifer.
Nim
Member # 205

It's a dark comedy flick, based on Little Red Riding Hood, and Sutherland plays "Bob Wolverton". Go figure.
He gets to talk through a voice-box in the latter part of the movie, making his low, gritty voice even more intolerable than in "Fone Boof".

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Nim the Fanciful:
quote:
He gets to talk through a voice-box in the latter part of the movie, making his low, gritty voice even more intolerable than in "Fone Boof".
But less so than his Peter Lorre-esque voice in Dark City?

Marian

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Mucus:
quote:
There's a lot more info about the behind the scenes goings on and why various writers left here
http://www.dimensionofcontinuity.com/bts.htm

That is one sordid tale of TV making.

I saw Tracy Torme at a con once, doing a Q&A around the second season or so. He was getting his butt grilled by an auditorium full of fans. His attitude makes a lot more sense now.

Is it just me, or are network executives the spawn of the devil?

Marian

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps