Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Spider-Man ROCKED! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Spider-Man ROCKED!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My movie theatre pals called me to go to a 5Pm show (with beer!) and man, I'm glad I went:

Without a doubt the single best comic-movie ever made.
Better than all others rolled up into one, in fact.

The (second) fight between Doc Ock and Spidey is mind-numbingly incredible.

Look for cameos from Bruce Campbell, Tim Rami (reprising his earlier role) and Stan Lee.

There's even some slight alluding to "too few heroes like Spider-Man flying around helping people". 8)

Marvel is [u]still[/u] raising the bar on comic-book movies.

You'll leave the theatre feweling really great: I was fed into Love's wood-chipper last night and I now feel great!
That's a great movie! 8)

-SPOILERS-

Watch for parts by Curt Connors (the man that will oneday become THe Lizard and a refrence to Dr, Strange!

THe bueatiful woman living next-door is almost certainly intended to be Gwen Stacey or possibly a future Black Cat.
The part with her in Peter's apartment is a [u]bit [/u]odd because it's not followed up and you can tell that was edited out.

I wont give you guys the biggest spoiler, but there will definitely be a part 3.

I also saw the preview for Blade: Trinity and that looks pretty good (they're adapting characters from the Nightstalkers comic) and features Jennifer Beal as Whistler's daughter (cant recall her character's name) and a former vampire who's name I also dont recall from the comics.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll likely be seeing this movie sometime next week and I'm uberStoked about it. Looking forward to it more than Episode 3 at present.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol

(as mod of SW-forum, I had to respond)

I hope they've made his net-swinging a little bit more believable and less CGI-ish. And that Kirsten Dunst takes off her bra and blouse. And that Tobey Maguire starts to act as a man and not as "Data".

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, in related news, there's a second Spider-Man in the Marvel Universe (or whatever offshoot of the Marvel continuum this guy lives in).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Indian Spider-Man costume is pretty wild.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The artwork at least looks pretty cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pointy shoes are lame and that sash would be cumbersome.

They should've kept the baggy pants and used the black costume.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Th best part of the fight scenes is that they move as fast as a fight with Spidey should move: no Matrix-esque slo-mo nonsense that's so prevalent in action movies in the past few years.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually sequels have a formula which concentrates more on action and less on the character development. This is the exact opposite. Which is why I like it alot.

Especially the ending.

Oh BTW, J. Jonah Jameson has perhaps the best lines in the entire movie. J.K. Simmons has definitely done a good job with him.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:

Oh BTW, J. Jonah Jameson has perhaps the best lines in the entire movie. J.K. Simmons has definitely done a good job with him.

Yah: he's great. Perfect with the comic character.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Spider-man really was a hero, and I drove him away..."

*whoosh*

"What the?! Spider-man's a menace! I want him gone!"

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to watch it later today and I might enjoy it a little, but I still can't stand Kirsten Dunst.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I can stand to look at her. Talk to her for any length of time... probably not.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you have to worry about point B, son.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I've made my peace with that.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps