Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Spider-Man ROCKED! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Spider-Man ROCKED!
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunst was actually much better in this one than the first one. Basically, the sequel sold me on pretty much everything/one that I found unconvincing in its predecessor. It was thoroughly awesome.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I thought the official line is that to suggest that Spider-Man is anything less than movie perfection is total heresy. . ?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was less impressed than most. I still firmly believe that they should have used the Gwen Stacy story, as that was the real basis for Spidey and the Goblin's hatred of each other in the comics. But I'm learning to live with it.

I couldn't buy Dunst as MJ in the first one, but her performance in 2 was much improved and I now feel fairly comfortable with her in the role.

The organic webshooters bugged me for three basic reasons. Firstly, the obvious logical flaw: Spiders don't have spinerettes on their legs/arms. Secondly, it always struck me as an important part of Peter Parker's character that he had the inventive/scientific knack which allowed him to create the mechanical devices to augment his physical powers. And thirdly, I thought that without the mechanical shooters we'd never have those great familiar dramatic situations from the comics where Spidey is falling from a rooftop and runs out of webbing and has to change the cartridge before he hits. While the first point remains, the sequel alleviated the other two by showing Pete's intelligence in his conversations with Octavius and having his spider-powers cut out on him at tense moments.

I found the special effects quite cringeworthy at times in the first one, but they looked much better in this one, apart from one or two shots. (Like Doc Ock carrying MJ off and the helicopters at the very end.)

In addition to these specific things, I just didn't get the same good vibrations from the first one as so many seem to have. But I did get those from this one, and in reviewing the original afterwards, overall I found myself more comfortable with it.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.
There was at least one thing that I didn't care for in the sequel, albeit a minor one. While I didn't mind Raimi's self-homages to Evil Dead 2 and Darkman, I thought the subsequent constant close-ups of people screaming got a little tiresome.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The organic webshooters bugged me for three basic reasons. Firstly, the obvious logical flaw: Spiders don't have spinerettes on their legs/arms.
that means you'd LIKE to see spiderman shoot webs from his ass then? [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and disolve his food with venom before slurping it up?

That'd be kinda a date-ender with M.J. though,

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by You assume too much.:
quote:
The organic webshooters bugged me for three basic reasons. Firstly, the obvious logical flaw: Spiders don't have spinerettes on their legs/arms.
that means you'd LIKE to see spiderman shoot webs from his ass then? [Big Grin]
No...I would have LIKED to see mechanical webshooters like in the comics. But this is a very old argument.

--------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't care much for the first film, but I was somewhat pleased with this sequel. I could have gone without Otto's exposed man cleavage and Peter's "I'm taking the biggest shit of my life" face in the train scene, but overall I thought it it was pretty good.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must see this this weekend. It is now a mission.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bro wants to drag me to see Punisker but I can't stand Travolta nowadays.
And I don't want even one more penny of mine to get into the scients' pockets...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
L. Ron Hubbard commands you to go.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We quite enjoyed The Punisher. He's a mean fucker, at the end we almost felt sorry for Travolta. . . almost!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Punisher made me it's bitch.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also liked the Punisher: if you hate Travolta, you'll love watching his life get dismantled onscreen.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spidey 2, thumbs up.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Punisher from the 1980's doesn't compare to this latest one. I was blown away... that and the actor playing Frank Castle in this recent one...

See Spidey 2... I did and it was much better than the original. And for the third movie I want to see some Harry Osborne cleavage. I was suprised though that Donna Murphy was killed off quickly; I guess she was doing a play when the filming began.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps