Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » I saw Aliens Vs. Predator *SPOILERS* (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I saw Aliens Vs. Predator *SPOILERS*
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget that: watch the waste of time that is Blue Gender sometime.
Man, that's make AVP look like a masterpiece by comparison.

Predators in labcoats is about as funny an image as Klingons in labcoats....their society just does'nt seem technology-driven, yet it's silly to think that no improvments would've been made.

Mabye they have far more advanced tech and limit themselves to select weapons as part of the hunting ritual....

Of course, their ships would still be diffrent (unless they suffer from time-dialation effects, in wich case, the same predators might have been alive for the the good ol'days of hums worshippers, I suppose.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys
I was just wondering if anybody know how Paul W.S. Anderson was able to bring these to franchise together. I saw on tv on Friday that the owners of both Alien and Predator do not like one another?
Anybody know for sure, just wondering and thanks ;-)

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Fox owns both franchises; it is, however, entirely possible that Fox hates itself.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fox does indeed own both- lock, stock and barrell: they've been making AVP comics since the early 90's.

Even if Fox hates itself, I still hate them far more.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't you, if you were Fox?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess it's another movie that I can walk out on.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People who leave cinemas before the ending never were serious about the craft. *ka-snortage!*
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never walked out on a movie. Made out during... coupla times. Fallen asleep in the middle of... of course. But never walked out of.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I had a girl expertly lick my ear through a movie once (shudder!). I can't recall what movie it was or what it was about but it was the best movie-experience of my entire life.

I left halfway through Tomb Raider- someone had pulled a fire alarm (interrupting the laughably bad movie) and while the theatre staff said they'd rewind the movie, it just was not worth my time to stay.

I should've walked out of Event Horizon but some part of me thought Sam Neil and Larry Fischburne would'nt actually be in a movie so stupid.
I thought it had to get better......I was wrong.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, Larry Fischburne has never been in a good movie. OR HAS EVER BEEN IN ONE.
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Manjuice:
Man, Larry Fischburne has never been in a good movie. OR HAS EVER BEEN IN ONE.

Does that include Apocalypse Now and Boyz N the Hood?

I remember suffering through Event Horizon, and at some supposedly dramatic moment with Larry on screen, my friend Marc leaned over and whispered, "What's Love Got to Do With It?"* I burst out laughing. It was the most enjoyable part of the movie.

*-The title of the 1993 film in which Larry played Ike Turner.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

King of New York was an excellent film with him.
Plus, when he when kills Wesley Snipes' charcter, it's soooooo funny!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given what I've paid to see a movie, I can't bring myself to walk out. I was tempted during The Big Bounce.

I like the big budget Jerry Bruckhimer type movies such as The Rock, Armaggedon, Gone in 60 Seconds, Con-Air, etc.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
would'nt...has'nt

I have partially blinded myself already just so that I can read your posts without crying over the terrible, terrible things you do to our language, but that is getting out of control.

The apostrophe goes where the missing letters are, not where the two words join together. So "wouldn't", "shouldn't", "hasn't", and so on.

Carry on.

(And while you are correct about Blue Gender, that doesn't really support my "anime shows going on long past their sell-by date merely with the aim of making money" argument. But well done for trying.)

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
(And while you are correct about Blue Gender, that doesn't really support my "anime shows going on long past their sell-by date merely with the aim of making money" argument. But well done for trying.)

How about Inuyasha? Dragonball QRSTUV or whatever they got it up to?

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps