Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Delta gate? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Delta gate?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As we all know there was an Alpha gate found in Egypt and a Beta gate found in Antarctica. The Beta gate was presumed destroyed for a while until it was learned the Russians recovered it. Alpha get eventually gets destroyed, SGC rents the Beta gate from the Russians. Now, the point of this thread is, maybe there's a Delta gate kicking around? Alpha gate was presumed destroyed when Thor's ship blew up on re-entry. The gates are pretty hard to kill. So, the gate that Apophis had on his ships when he tried to attack Earth the first time should still be in orbit or on Earth somewhere, right?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you skipped Gamma....

And you're a little off on your Chronology. Alpha was found in Egypt, Beta in Antarctica. The Alpha Gate was beamed to Thor's ship and presumed destroyed with it, so the SGC then used the Beta gate. The Russians recovered the Alpha gate and used it for a while. Anubis overloaded the Beta gate which blew up in space, so the SGC got the Alpha gate back from the Russians. (Rented for a while, can't remember what else happened with that agreement.)

As for your other point about Apophis' gate, you could be right. But they didn't exactly have an easy way to recover it until recently.

B.J.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And would it have the correct � Symbol? (inreality we should see the _�_ symbol now cause they are using the Beta Gate.

Well they definately used a gate to get some of the more 'modern cultures' off the planet that we've seen. That is those with Goa'uld 'gods' that aren't just from the time of the Egyptians. Presumably they used the Antarctic 'Beta' gate.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And would it have the correct � Symbol? (inreality we should see the _�_ symbol now cause they are using the Beta Gate."

Um... No. As was just mentioned in the post preceding yours, the gate currently in use is the Egypt one. The Antarctic gate, with its "o" point-of-origin, was destroyed.

That symbol should have shown up during seasons four and five, but, oh well.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's what I meant - when they were using the Beta gate. Interesting Idea about the Apophis gate still lying around. They could have had an episode where some civilians got a hold of it - and SOMEHOW worked out how to use it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So, the gate that Apophis had on his ships when he tried to attack Earth the first time should still be in orbit or on Earth somewhere, right?"

It's more likely to be floating halfway between Earth and Saturn by now.

Mr. Turnbull
Member # 1323

- posted      Profile for Mr. Turnbull     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
"So, the gate that Apophis had on his ships when he tried to attack Earth the first time should still be in orbit or on Earth somewhere, right?"

It's more likely to be floating halfway between Earth and Saturn by now.

...or Uranus. [Razz]

Seriously the idea of a "Gamma Gate" is an interesting one. But if it was still nearby don't you think the Tok'ra, Asguard or NORAD would have spotted it floating around in the Sol System (Tok'ra/Asguard ships have sensors don't they).

--------------------
My Favourite TV Quote:
Dr Cox to JD
"What are you saying? You want to be like me? I barely want to be like me."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would think that after taking a course on the ancient Greek language I'd know the alphabet... [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"But if it was still nearby don't you think the Tok'ra, Asguard or NORAD would have spotted it floating around in the Sol System (Tok'ra/Asguard ships have sensors don't they)."

The Asgard probably could find it, if they were looking. But certainly not NORAD.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some amataur astronemer would notice it if it was in near earth orbit.....eventually, anyway.

It's sure be an easy way to explore the outer planets: gate probes out there and save years of travel time and tons of fuel.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amataur astronemer
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not in MY world, pallie.

Of course, I spell "ulTRs" as "Ultra", so what the hey.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"ulTRS". And you'd be wrong, then, wouldn't you?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Not in MY world..."

Where all dictionaries are burned and spelling is a crime punishable by death?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You couldn't use a Gate unless it was in a near planetary orbit. One that the Gate system recognized. Once it's in space, the point of origin is no longer valid.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps