Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » start a S T WTF how do you make that wierd /\� A letter R G A T E - F O R U M (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: start a S T WTF how do you make that wierd /\� A letter R G A T E - F O R U M
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a Stargate forum. Start one.

I don't like having to scroll down looking for a thread about a show i care about.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not until we get all the forum descriptions worked out.

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I don't like having to scroll down looking for a thread about a show i care about."

Um... You realize that, if there were a "Stargate" board, it would almost certainly be listed below this one. Possibly even below the SW one.

"WTF how do you make that wierd /\� A letter"

You don't. Because it isn't a letter. The closest you can get is Å. But the proper SG symbol doesn't have the crossbar.

Actually, it's probably possible to do it with some sort of Unicode trickery by combining a capital lambda with the ring diacritic. But, of course, that probably only works if someone is viewing in a complete enough Unicode font, anyway.

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stargate is not one of the shows I care about. I want General Sci-Fi back.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, okay, even that doesn't work. It looks like this (if it works for you): Λ̊

A bigger, more visible version:
Λ̊

If you can see it, you can see that they don't line up properly. At least on my display.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"Stargate is not one of the shows I care about. I want General Sci-Fi back."

Erm... It's right here. If we take out the SG discussions, GSF will just be empty, since no-one seems to have anything else to discuss.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Why change the name for a show that's likely only got another year to run? And never mind that it's got a spin-off, there's not a lot of precedent for them lasting much beyond the end of the parent show.

And the fact that there are a lot of threads being created about Stargate isn't sufficient to justify its own Forum, because the main reason they're being created - rather than having one ongoing discussion thread, like several other shows have had - is to give the idea that a Stargate Forum is required.

Two new threads a week which rarely go beyond two pages do not a Forum make. That Stargate Design thread will likely end up in DAC, and as for the Prometheus, how often does it actually appear? I've never even seen an ep with it in.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Stargate is not one of the shows I care about. I want General Sci-Fi back."

Erm... It's right here. If we take out the SG discussions, GSF will just be empty, since no-one seems to have anything else to discuss.

Not so: it's just a dry spelll for sci-fi shows nad movies (besides Stargate stuff) at the moment.
I'm sure there'll be a Sky captain thread this month and threads on the new BSG series once that starts and on the Firefly movie anf Farscape's new miniseries nad Spielberg's War of the Worlds....

There's more to sci-fi than just Stargate. [Wink]

Move the Stargate threads to the Flameboard: now that Bush declared "we're on the right track" to eliminate terrorism, there'll be nothing left to complain about. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Captain from M.I.K.E.:
a Stargate forum. Start one.

I don't like having to scroll down looking for a thread about a show i care about.

Yes, we want one.

So I asked Charles.

Charles said to wait a while.

What we're waiting for, I'm not entirely sure.

So we're waiting.

OTOH, if two threads a week do not a forum make, shouldn't we be taking down the Star Wars forum?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That'll happen after we've all discected EpIII for all it's flaws and burned Lucas in effigy.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"I'm sure there'll be a Sky captain thread this month and threads on the new BSG series once that starts and on the Firefly movie anf Farscape's new miniseries nad Spielberg's War of the Worlds...."

I was talking about at the moment. Mike's complaining about having to scroll past a bunch of SG threads to get the other ones. But it's a moot point as, right now, there are no other ones.

"Move the Stargate threads to the Flameboard: now that Bush declared 'we're on the right track' to eliminate terrorism, there'll be nothing left to complain about."

He's also declared that we can't win, though.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah. but now he says we can win, so it's okay!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a bit in a mag - where they said they have enough for a 12th or 13th season! That would be cool. REMEMBER though people - everyone here is at different points in the series - so that's why everyone should label any stargate threads with season spoiler warnings...

For a start I know that The cable airing of Stargate is ahead of the terrestrial broadcasts (same for Canada I think.)

Even possibly the same for the UK.

Some people are only up to season 5, some 6 some 7 (Australia starts back tonight after a rather LENGTHY delay with the middle of season 7). People are all over the place.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"how do you make that wierd /\� A letter"

You're a graphic designer, Mike. Use Illustrator.

Oh, you just want to know how to type it for the for forum, eh? Dreamweaver has �, but as noted, it has a crosspiece.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

capped
Member # 709

oh i could illustrate it as a graphic just fine. i find that kind of work relaxing.

TSN's "Λ̊" is pretty good. perhaps the future standard in forums for fans of that show, and unicode

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps