Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » start a S T WTF how do you make that wierd /\� A letter R G A T E - F O R U M (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: start a S T WTF how do you make that wierd /\� A letter R G A T E - F O R U M
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delta and square?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess you have the wrong font, or something.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when do we get to pick what font is visible?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think that, when it runs across something it needs Unicode for, it switches to whatever font your browser is set to use. Because those characters show up fine for me, but I don't think Trebuchet MS actually has them.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, you have to switch to a Unicode-compatible font to properly see them in IE.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And how would one go about doing that? Since changing the page encoding from Western European to Unicode did bugger all.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Changing the page encoding scheme to Unicode will obviously do nothing if you don't also change the page font to one that can display Unicode characters. Which you can do somewhere under Internet Options. Which is located at the bottom of the Tools menu. Which can be pulled down from that bar at the top of your browser window. Go there now, and ask me not such silly questions.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wierd. Two different computers at work, set up the same way, showed it two different ways, both incorrectly. Of course I was using IE at work. Using Mozilla here at home, it showed up perfectly, and it's not currently set to using Unicode.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Mozilla seems to compensate automatically. I changed the font that it uses for Unicode from Arial Unicode to Lucida Sans Unicode, and looked again at the post where I tried to make the symbol. The small one did change slightly. Although, the larger one didn't, oddly. So, I don't know.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps