Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate question to fill the hiatus lull (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stargate question to fill the hiatus lull
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. Plus, the "terminal" was some distance away from both the gate and pyramid. Perhaps the gate USED to be there at some point, when Ra and company were primarily using that to get around. When the Goa'uld developped ships (and other means of data storage to match?), they built the spaceport and then moved the gate there.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see a storyline in which some of these other technologicaly advanced (in some cases more so than Earth) societies (those which are not actively trying to kill large numbers of Earth residents) wanted to play more of a role in the exploration of the gate network.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just think it seems logical that another society who had developed, even say to the point of Earth circa 1940's, might have discovered that the Gate could be worth tinkering with and set it up under military control. In the second ep of season seven, Jonas' people have moved the Gate to a military-controlled location, which makes sense as they already know exactly what the device is.

I think it would be kind of cool for SG-1 to run into another SG-ish team from another planet who, possibly, are in the process of pissing off the Goa'uld, or maybe have had contact with them already. Might not fit into the current storyline, though, if the Goa'uld are nigh toast at this point.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only problem is that, for it to make a worthy story, something has to go wrong. Like, they think the aliens are so great, except they turn out to be Nazis (oops, that's been done). Or they try to help the aliens out, only to end up cauing all sorts of problems for them (oops, pretty sure that's been done, too).

About the only way I can think of that they could do it is if meeting the aliens isn't the main plot. Like, they run into this alien team, and they join forces to resolve some unrelated plot. In which case it only really seems worth introducing them if they're going to be recurring characters.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True. It goes without saying that it would have to be worked into some kind of story framework. I just think it would be a logical thing to have happen.

Remember, for instance, when they introduced the Evil Leaper on Quantum Leap? In an interview, Scott Bakula said something along the lines of "Who's to say that Project Quantum Leap are the only ones messing around with time travel. There may be others out there doing the same kind of thing."

Ohhh... maybe this other group could be *seeking out* the Goa'uld...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might be cool to have SG-1 run into a planet that has an exploration program, but without all the moral scruples - in other words, where the NID was right. They fought off the Goa'uld, have all sorts of kickass tech from other worlds, and use every opportunity to rub it into the SGC's collective faces.

Until, of course, Things Go Horribly Wrong. [Razz]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps