Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG1 "Prometheus Unbound" (Spoilers) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: SG1 "Prometheus Unbound" (Spoilers)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The odds of bumping into anything even in the very densest stellar cluster is so small as to be essentially zero.

(This sounds like the grumpiest nerd grump ever, but I guess I will stand by it, even though I do not want to seem grumpy. I should work in a joke or something.)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus, I mean, I guess I should clarify myself. You aren't going to run into a star or a planet unless you mean to. On the other hand, you'd probably collide with a fair number of dust particles, which at serious speeds will do serious damage. But, I mean, they don't seem to be traveling in completely regular space anyway.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nor did the Millenium Falcon. [Wink]

[duck]

Anyway, I think my original argument holds - for whatever reason, I think they're flying in second gear until they leave the Milky Way. We should hopefully hear in a matter of hours now about the ACTUAL transit time to Pegasus with a human ship equipped with an Asgard hyperdrive...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Isn't the effect for Super-Amazing Speed different than the one for just regular speed (which was the effect being used in this episode) anyway?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes, IIRC. The Goa'uld cargo ship that O'Neil modified to SA speed did indeed have a different effect, but the Asgard hyperdpace effects tended to be the same as always. Gonna have to confirm that, though.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps