Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG-1: "It's Good to be King" (spoilers) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: SG-1: "It's Good to be King" (spoilers)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just one question: Isn't it pretty lucky that one of Ares' Jaffa happened to know how to read Ancient? And isn't it even luckier that that Jaffa hapened to be in the party that came to Maybourne's planet? And then, isn't it astronomically improbable that he would be one of the few to go to the ruins to see the prophecy?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He may not actually READ Ancient but may recognise it - especially after Anubis throwing the Ancient tech into the mix of Goa'uld. I'm sure in battles etc they have come across the Ancient writing. I think the Jaffa just saw the inscriptions but we don't know if he read them. I think Jaffa Wayne Brady Prime just wanted to know if there was indeed a 'wall with inscriptions'.

Just a question of my own - is this an episode you saw on tv or one downloaded!?! Cause we just saw it tonight in Australia on TV! WOO! This must be a first - but have you seen "Prometheus Unbound" yet? I thought I saw that title floating about - our last episode last week was "Gemini" with Replicarter.

It was a good episode - they now have a puddle-jumper (I wonder what the SGC are going to call it?) [Big Grin]

So this might explain the pictures we saw of Moebius involving time travel and a puddle-jumper!

I don't know if Wayne Grady was very convincing as a First Prime of Aries? or Ares? Wouldn't Ares have been Solkar? I guess we never will see Aires. There were a lot of other Goa'uld mentioned. Yu and someone else were making a stand. Anyone catch the other System lord names?

Anyone got a list of pictures of all the System Lord symbols/tatoos?

Molok was those little arcs. Hathor was that cow symbol i think, Anubis' was more triangular. Solkar was that pentogram looking one. Heru'ur was the eagle/bird one. Did we see Seth's?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What occured to me while watching this episode (Tuesday in the UK btw) is that if an ancient was traveliing back and forth through time and observing what was going on, then wouldn't that mean that there was an ancient either amoung the people or sneeking around in a cloaked puddle jumper during the course of the episode?
That must have at least occured to Carter.
Of course this brings up the usual causality issues like would they have found the jumper if it weren't for the inscriptions in which case were they there when the ancient observed the events. Usual paradox stuff.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One might assume he died? It looked as though the power had run out to fly the ship (and most probably the cloak) - unless you took off the time-bit. So maybe he/she just integrated themselves into the colony. It all brings up the issue of - how old does an Ancient live? Do they age like the Wraith? Like, not much at all?

Maybe the Ancient was a hermit and ended up writing the stuff it had seen on the walls of the 'temple'. Maybe the temple was built for the Ancient? It was probably a Goa'uld temple though.

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that there was no indication the Jaffa understood the inscriptions. My big question was, what happened to the ship at the end? I mean, wouldn't O'Neill have to fly it back through? Or maybe they have to make preparations offscreen before that? Sounds like prime Alpha Site material...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We see the time ship again. [Smile] I'm guessing that they can probably just BARELY fit it into the gate room on Earth, and then modify the silo just above it into a support hangar for the jumper. It most certainly would NOT fit in the gate room at the Alpha Site. Or, they could just leave it on a neutral or abandonned planet... We'll see in a few weeks, I guess.

I haven't seen this one yet, but I guess this is the time ship that guy on Atlantis WANTED to build but never got around to, and subsequently did so when he got the chance.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew - this episode was on last night???
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"He may not actually READ Ancient but may recognise it..."

From the way and the length of time that he looked at it, it seemed pretty obvious he was supposed to be reading it.

"Just a question of my own - is this an episode you saw on tv or one downloaded!?! Cause we just saw it tonight in Australia on TV! WOO! This must be a first - but have you seen 'Prometheus Unbound' yet? I thought I saw that title floating about - our last episode last week was 'Gemini' with Replicarter."

I downloaded it. Even if I could watch it on TV (I don't have cable), the US airings aren't that far along yet. And, yes, "Prometheus Unbound" preceded this episode. You (or your TV station) must have missed it.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, here's a thought: fly it back in time a few centuries, take it through the gate to what is now the Alpha site, get out of everything's way, and come back to the present. Land wherever they keep the F-302s.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Which, unfortunately, assumes they already have the time machine portion working. Which they can't do until they study it. Which they can't do until it's somewhere safe. And, if it's somewhere safe, that rather precludes the need to take it to the Alpha Site.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:

I downloaded it. Even if I could watch it on TV (I don't have cable), the US airings aren't that far along yet. And, yes, "Prometheus Unbound" preceded this episode. You (or your TV station) must have missed it.

I didn't miss it the TV station did. Just wondering does it have much to do with tying in with Atlantis? They haven't aired Atlantis here yet (don't ask me why - they are fools) But maybe they took it out until they've shown Atlantis? - I've downloaded all of Atlantis, myself. They have stopped showing Stargate for a while - so maybe they just wanted an inconsequential episode to show before they have a break? (Last season break was with "The Other Guys" we have been watching across seasons - which is cool - no having to wait for cliffhangers! [Big Grin] )

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"He may not actually READ Ancient but may recognise it..."

From the way and the length of time that he looked at it, it seemed pretty obvious he was supposed to be reading it.

He may have been keeping up appearances in front of the other Jaffa!?! [Big Grin]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Daryus Aden:
Andrew - this episode was on last night???

It was in Brisbane D. - In southern states you may have a different schedule - a few episodes behind?

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of the remaining major System Lords, Bastet and Olokun were dead, and Morrigan had surrendered. These three System Lords were only seen during the fifth season's "Summit / Last Stand" two-parter, and until now only Olokun had been mentioned since. Yu and Amaterasu (the latter first seen earlier this season, the former sporadically since the third) were rallying their forces for a final stand, which we'll probably see in the two-part "Reckoning" in a couple weeks.

According to THIS list of all known System Lords, the only remaining major Goa'uld that haven't been accounted for are Kali and possibly Svarog (though he was most likely killed by the Sentinel three years ago). There are certainly more out there, but I doubt that once Baal is dealt with they'll be a major threat.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"Just wondering does it have much to do with tying in with Atlantis?"

Well, the Prometheus starts out heading to Atlantis, but, in the end, they have to turn around and go back to Earth. That's it, really. Atlantis isn't important to the rest of the plot.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Of the remaining major System Lords, Bastet and Olokun were dead, and Morrigan had surrendered. These three System Lords were only seen during the fifth season's "Summit / Last Stand" two-parter, and until now only Olokun had been mentioned since. Yu and Amaterasu (the latter first seen earlier this season, the former sporadically since the third) were rallying their forces for a final stand, which we'll probably see in the two-part "Reckoning" in a couple weeks.

Ahhh I wondered if they were the ones seen in "Summit". I vaguely remember there being an African Goa'uld?

Does that mean we will be seeing more of the luscious Amateratsu chick!?! [Big Grin]

Supposedly she auditioned for the role of Teyla in Atlantis.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:

According to THIS list of all known System Lords, the only remaining major Goa'uld that haven't been accounted for are Kali and possibly Svarog (though he was most likely killed by the Sentinel three years ago). There are certainly more out there, but I doubt that once Baal is dealt with they'll be a major threat.

Mark

The Sentinel - run that by me again? Was that that machine on that planet that those ex-NID members had to fix? How did the system lord fit in around that?

To take out Baal - it's going to have to be a BIG fuckin' episode!

He'd have Ra's, Apophis', Heru'ur, Chronus', Solkar's, Camulus', Nerti's, Anubis' - forces - although Yu may have picked up some - maybe Nerti's?

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps