Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG-1: "It's Good to be King" (spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: SG-1: "It's Good to be King" (spoilers)
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Olokun was the African-themed guy, and one of the last System Lords to be seen wearing a skirt. [Smile] Hey, if Zipacna could switch...

The Sentinel is indeed the episode you're talking about. Svarog doesn't show up directly, but you hear his booming voice from the skies demanding obedience, once his Ha'tak pulls into orbit. When the NID guys figure out the machine, all the Jaffa on the ground, plus the mothership just sorta disappear. It's generally assumed that they were all vaporized.

And the disposal of Baal is a HUGE two-parter that is supposed to clear up almost the whole Goa'uld storyline (as it was once assumed that this eighth season would be the last). Will we be seeing Amy again? Maybe, maybe not. She and Camulus were introduced this season to give new, fresh faces in case they wanted to kill off the remaining old guys, so we may yet. Steve Bacic, the guy who plays Camulus, is busy with that rotting cesspool of a show called Andromeda, but that one is rumoured to be on its final season too.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Baal wouldn't NEAR have the sum of all those system lord's forces. Apophis assimilated most of Heru'ur and Sokar's fleets, then lost more or less everything in a supernova. And Anubis would have lost a good chunk of his fleet in orbit of Earth. Toss in attrition, and I'd bet well over half the Goa'uld forces that existed when the series started are now gone.

So maybe the Aschen?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah. Mallozzi has said that the guy who penned the Aschen arc, Brad Wright, originally had three installments lined up for it, but they're not going to be revisited this season. Besides, Reckoning has Replicarter showing up again, so it'll probably be her who finishes Baal off.
Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I was unclear, I meant as a replacement villian next season.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt it. The Aschen aren't the kind of force that fights, directly or indirectly. Their typical MO of expansion and conquering takes many decades and few bullets, which doesn't make for good TV. [Smile]

Who then? The Goa'uld and Replicator arcs are supposed to be resolved this season. While there will be various loose ends to tie up with both, I suspect that the "new enemy" that rears its head will indeed by NEW. The OUTSIDE chance would be that, with SG-1 ending with S9 (though with Browder restoring the team to full strength, I frankly wouldn't be surprised with an S10), Atlantis would take over.

This means that the Wraith may be the new baddies, as it was intended in the original spinoff concept: Atlantis WAS on Earth, and its discovery would have triggered the awakening of the Wraith IN the Milky Way, etc. What if the Wraith find a way to the Milky Way and start invading with their hordes of lifesuckers? Would Atlantis follow? Could they?

Mark

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Browder - the dipstick Chrichton? He is NOT joining Stargate... IS HE? Please say no. An unknown would be better. Gah! Is this official? What is it going to be Fargate-SG1

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Omega
Member # 91

New member of SG-1. Quite official. And how many eps of Farscape have you seen, exactly?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No shit.
As good as Stargate can be, I'd erase it from the timeline to get even one more season of Farscape.

It's going to be intresting to see BOwder play someone new (hopefully written with a diffrent personality!).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
It's going to be intresting to see BOwder play someone new (hopefully written with a diffrent personality!).

Yes, I've seen a lot of Farscape - and I like the show - but I don't know if Ben Browder has the acting "strength" to create an entirely new character. It's way too soon after Farscape.

But if he pulls it off - GREAT! I'll be rootin' for the guy!

I wouldn't have even minded if they pulled an Alternate Kawalsky out of their hat and put HIM in SG1. I mean the character is going to have PRETTY big shoes to fill. Or even get a minor character out from the last 8 years!?!

I know he's not qualified - but Major Davis!?!

Oh and it's Ben Browder not Bowder - J. [Smile]

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...but I don't know if Ben Browder has the acting 'strength' to create an entirely new character."

Well, what else have you seen him in? Myself: nothing. So it's kind of hard to say whether he's able to play more than one character or not. Personally, I would assume that, being an actor, he can act, unless I see otherwise.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

It's no small coincidence that the Sci-Fi channel, which owns both SG-1 and Farscape, gets Browder from one of its shows to another. Claudia Black, who guested this season as Vala on SG1 "Prometheus Unbound", will be back for five episodes in season nine to "replace" Colonel Carter when Amanda Tapping is expected to be on maternity leave. While it's probably still the production folks in Vancouver who controlled the casting, you can bet SF is going to be jumping all over this mini-reunion to get Farscape-starved fans on board.

As I understand it, one of the first two episodes will be a sort of flashback episode combining new and old footage, which will weave Browder's character into the series as someone who's "really" been around at the SGC for at least a couple years when they established the F-302 wing.

Mark

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Wayne Brady going to have to order one of his Jaffa to choke a bitch?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

No, he doesn't last that long. However, on re-watch I kept adding "motherfucker" to the end of his lines, with his delivery. It worked remarkably well. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he does, though. OK, not by direct order, but Dr. Jackson does get nearly choked.

(I also thought it was weird how the jumper just sort of disappears at the end.)

((Also I was disappointed at how easily it blew up Ares' ship. Like, OK, I get that the Ancients were superpowerful, but these are supposed to be humble transports. I can't imagine how powerful their warships could have been, if they bothered to build any. Yet the Wraith. . . well, I suppose this is the wrong thread, and we've gone over this already.))

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I watched the end of the episode again the otherday - and yeah all they did was shoot two 'drones' at the mothership... but maybe they are 'smart drones' and know which key systems to attack. Also Wraith took out Ancients in Pegasus... the Goa'uld weren't around when the Ancients were around.

Oh and SOMETHING needed to be done to 'toughen up' Wayne Brady's character - he was the First Prime of Aries... you'd think he'd be a little more... "bad". [Big Grin]

The puddlejumper would have just 'disappered' because it's a Stargate Atlantis associated item - Just as there haven't been any real mentions of the Goa'uld in Atlantis.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps