Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Help me out! (Sg-1) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Help me out! (Sg-1)
Neutron_Bomb
Member # 1471

- posted      Profile for Neutron_Bomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only started watching sg-1 recently and i'm now up to the start of season 5. Can anyone tell me if Ra , the Gould from the film , ever makes a return or does he stay dead?
cheers.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$

Not until the 8th season finale.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's also mentioned several times throughout the series. Mostly in connection with other Goa'uld.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They emphatically label him as dead in the series premiere. In essence, it's his death that sets the Goa'uld balance of power on its ear, breaking a stalemate that has led to eight years of high adventure. [Smile]

Don't worry though - for a couple years we end up having to deal with Ra's son Heru'ur, who inherited his dad's armies and power upon his death. He gets dealt with eventually (no point explaining how, here) but it was always cool to see the Horus guard helmets again.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Horus Guard showed up even afterwards after the Jaffa were sort of dispursed. I think Amonet had some serving her during the events of her death. Or were they serving Heru'ur who had taken her prisoner... I can't remember.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not entirely. You're probably mistaking the episode in which Amonet was napping while Sha're was bringing the Harcesis child to term. Heru'ur showed up on Abydos (where, despite having possession of his father's massive armies, still went there in the same kind of apparently unarmed "pleasure yacht" as Ra), and after SG-1 dealt with him, they left Amonet with the belief that Heru'ur had taken the child.

It's too bad they got rid of the helments following the third season or so, seen mostly since then in flashbacks or on pikes in rebel Jaffa camps. It's true that the production team and cast hated them because they were huge and top-heavy (and never really retracted well for the serpent guards), but it helped with the whole alien look - now they're stuck with bald cap helmets, and even those are mostly gone.

I'd have liked to have seen a Setesh guard helmet just once, though. Apparently, their noses droop. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Drip. [Smile]

And no... I'm pretty sure there were Horus Guards present when Amonet was killed by Teal'c.

Remember, at that point, Apophis was sort of in limbo after the whole resurrection/Netu/escape/return to power thing.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, like, are they getting the same actor to play him, or is it a different host?

Or I guess I probably don't want to know yet. Maybe.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From What I've seen it's just a guy in the mask/headdress: not the same actor.

I could be wrong, though it's almost never happened.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Nope. Jaye Davison, aka Ra, aka the shemale from "The Crying Game", retired from acting a while ago. It'll be just the headress, and probably David Palffy (Sokar and Anubis) waving his arms around from under it.

Mark

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

It's been awhile since I saw the movie, but did this head dress show up there? I seem to remember the first time we see Ra, his mask folds down like the Jaffa helmets, but I don't remember what the mask looked like.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just like the sarcophagus mask in the early versions of the opening credits. Actually when you first see it, it's a little creepy!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Hopefully Ra's appearance will be creepier than it seems to be in the promo photos already out.

I should really go back and watch the movie again.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Lighting does wonders. I expect that Ra will be just as eerily spooky as before.

Also, in the movie, when Ra's mask retracts, it actually MORPHS into his face as well as moving around behind his neck. He covers up in style, he does. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that that's ever made any sense...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps