Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ First Stargate SG-1 Season Nine Spoilers! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ First Stargate SG-1 Season Nine Spoilers!
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ipw-web/b2/index.php?p=223&c=1

My only real question - where would all THESE guys have been hiding all this time?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...the origin of the Ancients and the Gatebuilders."

I thought the Ancients were the gatebuilders?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man... why'd they have to go there?

Granted, I'm not up with the most recent episodes, so I don't know what direction the show has taken in season 8... but this seems to be a vast departure. And why, with the show winding down, would they open it up to a whole new story line?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not? There's still no guarantee this will be the last season. Everyone said season eight would be the last. Hell, everyone was surprised there was a season eight.

They have to do something, after all, to keep the show from stagnating.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wholesale cast changes are apparently the way to do it. Rumour has it that to replace the departing O'Neil (sitll nothing on just WHERE he's going), they're not bringing back Hammond. Instead, they're bringing in... Beau Bridges.

Really.

Mark

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what - I don't find it SUCH a bad idea. It's what Stargate was always about - taking mythology of ancient cultures and meshing it with a Sci-fi twist. Could Merlin have been a rogue Ancient who interfered with corporeal matters? Sounds pretty cool. Maybe it might explain away why there is no clear evidence of Camelot's remains? Some other legends could be cool to explore to... like maybe Mu? Although it's sorta like Atlantis. As long as it stays edgy and doesn't border on camp - legging etc. [Smile] - I'm fine. Oh and as long as there is enough character development, cool alien enemies and wonderful storylines, I'm cool.

Maybe we'll get to see those Furlings. [Smile] They are SO not going to be cute and cuddly.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I hate to see the departure/withdrawal/not-around-so-much of certain much-adored actors and their characters, the idea of cast-changes is a good one . . . especially if we don't get info leaked about their contracts. There's a little more oomph to a situation when you don't actually know whether the writers would kill Mr. Guy In Danger or not.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=30372

O'Neil is out - promoted yet again, this time to Washington and the head of Homeworld Security in place of Hammond, who's presumably retiring due to age (limit in the military's something like 60, isn't it?).

But we've got star power coming in. As we all know, Ben Browder is retoring SG-1's four-person team as Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell. Beau Bridges replaces departing star RDA as the head of the SGC, General Hank Landry. And in a new recurring role, Lou Gossett Jr. (!) steps in as a Jaffa leader who butts heads with Teal'c over the forming of the new Jaffa nation.

As for Atlantis, with contact restored, we'll see Landry on that show on occasion. Mitch Pileggi joins the show in a recurring role, playing the new military commander (and Sheppard's superior officer), Colonel Caldwell (final name TBA).

Mark

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Shep was also getting promoted to Lt Col...?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just can't see Stargate without RDA... but I suppose it could work. I just hope they give sufficient explanation for the sudden absence of O'Neill and maybe even throw in something about Hammond. If we're really lucky, we'll even get the occasional guest appearance, like we got with Hammond after he left.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

RDA is allegedly signed for four episodes, so he'll be around about as much as Hammond was this year (a little moreso, really).

Sheppard is supposedly promoted, yes. But he'll still be second in command under Caldwell, who'll be in charge of military detachment overall, plus probably his own team (more or less what Colonel Sumner was supposed to do).

Mark

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

So, can teams go back and forth from Atlantis at will now? Or can they only come *to* Atlantis from Earth?

(I don't get Sci-Fi)

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you can theoretically go from any stargate to any other stargate in Pegasus at will or vice versa, as long as you have enough energy, which so far only a ZPM can provide, or certain other forms of....energy.
On that topic, what was the procedure for dialling the old Asgard homeworld? Was that just a 8th vs. 9th chevron thing or did that require more energy too?

(Do we have that neat black spoiler text here? Where you can just highlight it to read it?)

Also, Mitch Pileggi, really? Thats kinda neat although FBI director => military commander isn't a huge leap.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope.

And speaking of power, where's the SGC suddenly getting all the extra kilowatts to dial Pegasus from, anyway? Unless makeshift ZPMs like the one Jack built during his brief time as a 1st Edition Ancient Encyclopedia are now being mass-produced somewhere, they shouldn't be able to phone anyone outside our galaxy, so...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

What I meant was, is the Atlantis team able to go home yet, or are they only able to receive wormholes from the SGC (or presumably any other Milky Way Gate with enough power). I'm asking if the Atlantis team has figured out a way to dial back to Earth yet, or if the SGC is for some reason continuing to strand officers in the Pegasus Galaxy with no way to get home.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps