Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ First Stargate SG-1 Season Nine Spoilers! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ First Stargate SG-1 Season Nine Spoilers!
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Various Spoilers for SGA and SG1]

The idea is that by the end of this season, SG-1 will have retrieved a single, charged ZPM that they used to power the gate enough to unlock the eighth chevron and dial other galaxies. In the Atlantis finale they used it to dial the city from Earth so they can get Colonel Everett and his jarheads and all their big fancy railguns there. Then they immediately tanked the ZPM out of its socket, hopped over to Area 51, and plugged it into the Daedelus, a BC-303 battlecruiser and sister ship to Prometheus. The whole of the finale episode was trying to survive long enough so the Daedelus and her heavy weapons and shields could get there and save the day.

The second season sees regular contact re-established with Atlantis, in one of several ways. The new Mk II naquadah generators can power the chair and possibly the shield, so Atlantis' mission won't be as centered around finding them anymore. I'm guessing that the Daedelus might not stick around following the second season premiere, and instead will serve as the occasional two-way avenue home for the Atlantis team.

Instead, the ZPM they have might be kept on earth to power their chair platform and gate for their itnergalatic purposes. When Atlantis needs stuff, they can send it there via stargate; when people really, REALLY need to get back, it's a mere four days to get Daedelus (or possibly Prometheus, depending on whether the Asgard gave SGC enough engines to outfit both ships) to Pegasus, where in the meantime a Mk II can power the chair for defense.

Or, they can just find another ZPM. There's one fully-charged one in Pegasus that's been hidden by the Brotherhood, and another mostly-depleted unit on the planet of kids that may still be useful (though how much so now that they can power the chair on their own remains to be seen). The SGC also has a boobytrapped ZPM that's about half-charged, that they got from Camulus before sending him off. Assuming Carter or someone can UN-boobytrap the thing, they may even leave one of them on Atlantis and keep the other one on Earth. Finally, SOMETHING has to be able to power the Genesis Device they used last week... There are tons of possibilities.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have ALOT to catch up on.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehehhe - only probably end of season 7, season 8 and season 1 Atlantis.

That ZPM that Camulus took to Baal - I don't think the SGC kept it.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, Camulus took a drained one although he thought he was getting the real explosivey deal.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh they sabotaged it themselves? The Drained one was from Antarctica? Where was the full-but-booby-trapped one from?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The booby-trapped one was from a world with some kind of Ancient device that Camulus gave them the coordinates for. We never saw the planet or learned anything about the device, just that SG-3 went and got it.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More casting news! It seems that LEXA DOIG has been cast on SG-1 in the recurring role of the SGC's latest medical officer, finally filling the shoes of the cute & spunky Dr. Frasier after her untimely fate in the seventh season. Dr. Brightman was the resident quack early in the eighth season (in what was mostly a leftover role that Frasier would have done had she been there), but now we have have a more permenant presence in the infirmary, something that's been visibly absent all year.

Lexa, of course, is the wife of Michael Shanks, having met on the set of Andromeda when Shanks was filming a guest spot during that show's first season. The studios for Andromeda and SG1/Atlantis are almost literally next door to each other, so there's been a lot of crossover in crew and cast guest spots though both shows' runs.

Lexa and Michael had a child last year, which had relegated Doig's android character mostly to be the talking head of the ship - her physical presence was replaced by another android in the form of former Baywatch bimbo Brandy Ledford. Anyway, it seems as though with the apparent cancellation of the horrible, four-year-long train wreck called "Andromeda" this year, that Doig is free and looking for work. Her first year or two on that show more than proved her acting ability, and I hope she'll find a place here. Now we put the marriage to the test, living AND working together.

And the kicker - Doig's character will be the daughter of new SGC General Landry, adding some immediate and interesting character dynamic. Now, what would they say about families serving together in a place like the SGC...

Mark

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Dr. Brightman was the resident quack early in the eighth season (in what was mostly a leftover role that Frasier would have done had she been there), but now we have have a more permenant presence in the infirmary, something that's been visibly absent all year."

Did they say why, if they're reusing the character, they aren't reusing the actress?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

The actress for Dr. Frasier was probably available... But Dr. Frasier herself was decidedly not. ;)Whoever Lexa is playing, it's not Dr. Brightman.

Mark

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. I thought you were saying she was playing Brightman.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I avoided reading these until the season was over, by way of explanation of why I am just saying this now: More Ancients. Oh boy. Plus King Arthur. Swell.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

So you've sarcasitcally bagged the idea before even one frame of footage has been aired?

Looks like Stargate HAS taken over the Trek legacy!

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, I got tired of the Ancients a while ago, and as far as a list of things I really like goes, Arthuriania is not on it. I mean, we could be in store for the best sf version of English myth since Christopher Lambert's Beowulf, but I'm not going to cheer if somebody makes me a coconut cake when I don't like coconut, you know?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

If handled correctly, it could be good - if not - it could be "Crusade".
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So good, but interfered with and canceled before given a full shot?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps