Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG Marathon (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: BSG Marathon
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cain? From "Kung Fu"? No, that was Carradine, dumbass.

(Yes, I know, Caine from the Pegasus ...) [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[BUMP]

Got my own BSG marathon going on - been doing some heavy torrentin', although I think I'm still going to get the DVD, I just object to paying the prices they're charging for it right now. It's the same for the Crusade and Firefly sets, you're paying the same price for a 13-ep season as you are for a full season of various other shows. Stuff that.

Anyway, so far, I love it. Each episode represents a great way to spend 45 minutes, as opposed to the long-drawn-out chore that watching later Trek could be. I was even impressed with Richard Hatch's part on the show, I wasn't looking forward to it since the one other recent thing I've seen him in, he was a puffy badly-aged embarrassment.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michelle Forbes is playing Cain this time around... I'm now wondering how many Trek veterans will pass through the BSG universe at this point.

I'm also wondering how extensive the modifications will be to the BSG sets to represent Pegasus... after all, the ship might be the very latest Battlestar version with a whole lot of high-tech additions that Galactica doesn't have.

I'm seeing way too many Trek tie-ins right now... I need sleep.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're actually doing the Pegasus storyline? I hope they do a new wrinkle on the story, there has to be more to it than just psychotic-Commander-more-interested-in-taking-revenge-against-Cylons-than-protecting-remaining-humanity. Perhaps the whole ship is a Cylon Trojan Horse - an, if you will, Cylon Horse? It would be very interesting if the Peggie was a new-model Battlestar, with all the bells and whistles, and was welcomed by the fleet, leaving Adama & Co feeling a bit underappreciated.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, how much of season one have you seen at this point? Because the way the season ends suggests a few possible twists on the story.
Lee
Member # 393

I've got the last three to watch.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the Pegasus is the newest battlestar, and it was within range of the Twelve Colonies, it would surely be fried by now but the Cylon's handy EMP-thingy. But if it was outside of the range of the things than it would've avoided the slaughter...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoiler I read indicated that the BS-Pegasus was in dock at the base on Scorpion when the Cylons attacked. Pegasus took heavy damage before executing a blind FTL jump with no planned coordinates.

She's been wandering around ever since.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty freaking massive coincidence that it just happens to run into the fleet. But then, the show's just full of those so far, ain't it?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No more coincidence than TOS Galactica findng Pegasus.
Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have slightly higher expectations of realism from this one.

Besides, that wasn't intended to be a complaint, just an observation. I think there's actually a huge plan behind the coincidences, and this might be part of that.

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So basically all the coincidences are prophetic predestination? Just like how it was coincidental to blow up the USS Saratoga and kill Jennifer Sisko to bring good ole Ben to DS9...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Omega
Member # 91

Not necessarily. But I'd hate to spoil Lee.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Two more to go! I'm getting there. . .

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps