Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG gets another season (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BSG gets another season
kiltedbear
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for kiltedbear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, have you heard? The new Battlestar Galactica has gotten renewed for another season.

--------------------
"Sweet Jesus, do you have to use the whole can?"
-Metatron

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome! Linky linky.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So when are the first season DVDs coming out? [Big Grin]

Marian

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to season two so much. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent. Especially now that I've seen the finale. Can you say "cliffhangers?"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MarianLH:
So when are the first season DVDs coming out? [Big Grin]

Marian

According to Play.com the first season is due out on DVD on 28th March 2005...at least in the UK, not too sure about the US release dates.

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Result!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to admit I was quite pleased to see it up for release myself...that they are eager enough to get it out on DVD so quickly, coupled with the news of a second season, bodes well (I hope) for the future of BSG.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Presumably, the US release won't be until after the season actually finishes airing over here.

Incidentally, Mr. Doo, why are you named after deer shit?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing "FawnDoo" is a clever play on "fondu".

Because melted cheese gets me all hot and bothered.

On the topic of the thread, yay for the second season. It would have been the mother of all bitches to cut production after this season. The heads of network execs would surely have been piked for that.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fun part to me is, that early in the second season the new BSG will have eclipsed the original in terms of footage shot and episodes produced. Like it or not, the re-imagining is here to stay.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Incidentally, Mr. Doo, why are you named after deer shit?

It strikes me that I should make my students call me "Mister Doo", if only for the sheer amusement value... :-) Actually the deer shit angle was never one that occurred to me - it's a mixture of a play on words with "fondue" and the Scottish slang for pidgeon, which is "doo". It was a drunken joke which, like most drunken jokes, doesn't translate properly in the cold light of (sober) day, but it does for an online ID I suppose! ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
The fun part to me is, that early in the second season the new BSG will have eclipsed the original in terms of footage shot and episodes produced. Like it or not, the re-imagining is here to stay

I wouldn't have thought so, but looking at the listing on TV Tome I see you are absolutely right...if they get another 13 episodes then it will have overtaken it. I wonder if they will include a reference to this in the episode that actually marks the "overtake", as they did on TNG's 80th episode?

Of course if you include Galactica 1980 then the remake might not overtake the original until (fingers crossed) season 3! :-)

Now I'm off to perform an act of penance for bringing up Galactica 1980...

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Incidentally, Mr. Doo, why are you named after deer shit?"

Well, it's more imaginative than a name that just consists of someone's initials, isn't it? ISN'T IT?

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo! And DVDs! and they come out end of march, I'm no longer p!ssed off at Sony for delaying the PSP.

Incidentally, what was the 80th ep. of TNG? Just so I can go and watch it for the overtake reference like the saddo SOB that I am...

quote:
Now I'm off to perform an act of penance for bringing up Galactica 1980...
No I'm afraid there's no penance for that, you'll have to endure a reading of the entire mormon bible, then whatever the Jehovah's Witnesses like to read, then maybe a couple of other dodgy bible translations.

(edited for slightly less bad taste)

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
"Incidentally, Mr. Doo, why are you named after deer shit?"

Well, it's more imaginative than a name that just consists of someone's initials, isn't it? ISN'T IT?

What do you have against initials?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps