Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG gets another season (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BSG gets another season
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
"Incidentally, Mr. Doo, why are you named after deer shit?"

Well, it's more imaginative than a name that just consists of someone's initials, isn't it? ISN'T IT?

HEY! I resemble that remark!

(At least it's my real name rather than something made-up.)

B.J.

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marauth:
Incidentally, what was the 80th ep. of TNG? Just so I can go and watch it for the overtake reference like the saddo SOB that I am...

It was "Legacy", an episode in the 4th season. In it Picard says that the Enterprise is diverting past Camus II, where they were supposed to participate in an archaeological survey or something like that. Camus II was the planet where the events of "Turnabout Intruder" - the 79th and last episode of TOS - took place, so it was included as a nod to the fact that TNG had overtaken TOS in terms of episodes.

quote:
No I'm afraid there's no penance for that, you'll have to endure a reading of the entire mormon bible, then whatever the Jehovah's Witnesses like to read, then maybe a couple of other dodgy bible translations.
Nooooooo.....well it could have been worse, you could have made me actually *watch* Galactica 1980 again, so I suppose I got off lightly there!

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, well since you bring it up, instead you shall be forced to watch BSG80 again, while someone reads a dissertation on mormonite mythology and it's influence on BSG80 to you. And we'll play some Cheeky Girls cut in with James Last records in the background, the same few seconds of music over and over.

Maybe that's too cruel, but you did imply we should consider Galactica 1980 as part of the original BSG.

Cheers for the TNG ref. BTW, I hope they do do something similar for the overtake episode of BSG:TNS

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, it's more imaginative than a name that just consists of someone's initials, isn't it? ISN'T IT?"

And even more more imaginative than stealing the name of a fat loudmouth from television. OH, SNAP!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All your names suck-zor.
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, guess what, I just learned yesterday that starting March 1, TNT will show the series for Latin America. I wonder if anybody will show the miniseries before, though. Oh, it was on pay-per-view cable several months ago, but otherwise, I don't recall it being shown...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps