Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » DW: "Dalek" SPOILERS (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: DW: "Dalek" SPOILERS
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want spoilers?! Start with this!

http://homepage.mac.com/stuart621/dalek.mov

Everyone's favorite pepperpots are back, and thist time they're slaughtering Americans! Woo!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bbcshop.com/invt/0563486007&bklist=icat,5,,8,doctorwhonew,doctorwhobooks

Holy...

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UN-holy...

Mark

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Dalek going up the stairs.

Yes. A DALEK. AND STAIRS.

The Universe has come closer to perfection.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Why are people still wobdering about this? We saw a Dalek EL-E-VATE all the way back in 1988, in "Rememberance of the Daleks". One floats up the stairs from a basement transmat station, just in time to be taken out by an RPG to the face. Also, various Doctor Who comics have shown a standardized flying platform they use to fly and fight with. The Daleks are far from immobile. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Daleks (and Davros) were levitating back in 1985, but the VFX weren't so great (surprise!), so it was a little hard to tell.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Were the Daleks EL-E-VATE-ing in "Revelation of the Daleks"? I remember Davros floating around while pulling an Emperor on that cyborg guy, but not the Daleks...

Mark

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I only remember Davros doing it myself, but, according to the BBC's episode guide, Daleks did it, too.

And, anyway, if Davros could do it in his chair, he should have had no problem fixing the Daleks up with something similar.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also recall reading on the web-site about a scene in a really early episode (possibly "The Chase") where it's strongly implied that the Daleks can go up stairs. I'm guessing we see them at the bottom, the camera cuts away, cuts back, and the Dalek is at the top of the stairs. Or something like that.

If a Dalek can get around the Thames back in 1965, it should have no problem with a flight of stairs. In fact, if the Daleks are to be taken even remotely serious as a threat then the very idea that they can't cope with stairs is ludicrous. The only time the Daleks have been seriously hampered by their environment was in their very first appearence, where they drew power from the surface of their city. That can be explained away in about 5 billion ways though (they weren't fully developed Daleks, history has been changed by "Genesis", etc).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They probably couldn't afford the crane, let alone the SFX glow on the bottom

Skaro Newsletter:
Dalek casing recall:

As a result of Dalek death squad feedback, your local Dalek casing dealership will be please to install the latest in elevation technology. No longer will future exterminees taunt you from the tops of ladders and staircases. Voice activated, meeting the latest 501 Dalek disability standards

New optional extras:
Rotating mid section, for added extermination performance.
Projectile weapon shields, to avoid that itchy feeling when someone shoots out your eye stalk.

New paint jobs available:
Antique Gold, Satellite Silver, Annoying Pink
Ask your dealer at your next service.

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, the episode was on today.

Something happened when Rose touched the Dalek and it sort of sucked out her energy and DNA. Surely someone else in 40 years of Who must have touched one? Is this normal Dalek-ness?

Anyway, the poor Dalek almost got tortured by Americans, attacked by a maniacal angry Doctor. It also started showing other emotions beside hate, and committed suicide at the end.

So, this really is the end of the Daleks? Not counting the ability to just bring in, or fly to, Daleks in the past.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, I haven't seen the epsiode yet (still around 45 minutes to go on my download), but I believe the Daleks are involved in the season finale.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure this has come up before, but what is this whole time war thing? When the Doctor talked about the Dalek race being killed and him seeing it, I thought he was talking about "Rememberence of the Daleks". But then he also mentioned his race being dead, which I think happens in one of the novels due to them being all evil or something.

But this "Time War"? Is that the books? I thought the extermination (ha) of the Time Lords was the Doctor's doing, and not related to the Daleks. So is this just completely new information thrown up out of nowhere?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:

So, this really is the end of the Daleks? Not counting the ability to just bring in, or fly to, Daleks in the past.

One Dalek "fell through time" and ended up on Earth somewhere around 2012, maybe lone survivors are peppered(lol) throughout time and space.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry: "Something happened when Rose touched the Dalek and it sort of sucked out her energy and DNA. Surely someone else in 40 years of Who must have touched one? Is this normal Dalek-ness?"

No, nothing like this has been seen before. But what has been established, in a general sense, is that time travelling changes you in some way and the Delek did say, later in the episode, that it was DNA from a time traveller that revived it.

PsyLiam: "But this "Time War"? Is that the books?"

No. The executive producer confirms in this month's Doctor Who Magazine that the Time War is 100% unrelated to the War in the books. He pointed out that as a public service broadcaster funded by a license fee the BBC can not make a book essential reading in order to understand a TV series. This is a whole new war! He also points out that yes, this means that Gallifrey gets destroyed twice. (But hey, DW has given THREE different explanations for the fall of Atlantis during the original run....)

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps