Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » "24" Day 4 ruminations - $$$$$$$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "24" Day 4 ruminations - $$$$$$$$
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone's ever really discussed 24 here. I guess it might be a stretch to call it sci-fi, but I suppose if La Femme Nikita fits the criteria... And they do appear to have FTL capabilities seeing as you can get anywhere in LA in under 10 minutes.

I thought this season was better than the last two.It had a number of nice surprises, including the return of Mandy the assassin a few hours from the end of the day. They even tied her back to the assassination attempt on president Palmer at the end of Day 2.

No one got seriously tortured this season (yah, Paul did, but shocked with an electrical cord doesn't compare to getting your shoulder worked on with a power sander in season 2...) which kind of surprised me. It's sort of become the show's trademark.

The last hour I thought was very good, despite the fact that everything had gone wrong all day, then they miraculously find this little bit of data that lets them end the whole thing. But the way they dealt with Jack was a nice twist. I thought for sure he was going to be killed off this season. I'm wondering if they'll find a way to bring him back as the main character next season, or if they'll use a different character and bring him back as a guest star.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing next season they'll have to find Jack somewhere south of the border, where he will be masquerading as "Senor Gonzalez" with the trademark mustache, sombrero, and banjo.

--------------------
Meh

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only remember that ep when he's racing an SUV and babbling hoarsely on a cellphone, telling HQ to have something ready for him by the time he gets to the spot, otherwise they're all up duty creek.

Oh, and his black shirt was all sweaty over the back and a bit torn. Ne h3lp, guy5?

I think the president was saying a bunch of eloquent and succinct stough in the sat-phone but his squinting stare told me he didn't even know what day it was.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Jack held his pistol grip a bit strangely, I thought. Yeah, he held the gun pointed forward but he held it so high that I assumed he was holding it for the invisible midget sitting on his shoulders so it could look through the sights and shoot the other guy's midget.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it 24 isn't anyone's favorite show.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it's one of my favorite shows, and I have been hooked since the beginning.

--------------------
Meh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure it qualifies as sf, though, even by my own expansive definition.

Also, I've never seen it.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

OK, good then [Smile] Nim's midget had me befuzzled.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
Member # 205

I like the show, followed the whole second season, I just got a fun impression when switching on the TV three nights ago and seeing Jack step out of yet another car while on the phone, then I switched off to go to bed for sleep. The Jack-impres stayed in the head.

Kiefer is kool, though he could smile now and then in the show, crack a joke, not take himself so seriously.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I think he's smiled a few times, but I don't imagine you smile very often when you're trying to save your wife and daughter, stop a killer virus, being tortured with a blowtorch, or shooting innocent co-workers in the back of the head [Smile]

The thing I miss from the first season is the big plot twists. Jack shooting Nina, then her being ok because it turns out he put her in a flack jacket. Nina being the one who killed the anaylist in the computer room. Stuff like that. There haven't been a whole lot of huge twists in the other three seasons. If they really wanted Bauer's fake death to be cool for the viewers, they would've had him been shot a few hours before the end of the show, then have him show up again in the last epsiode. You know... keep us guessing a bit.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I didn't see it coming when Bauer basically went offically dead but walking to the sunset twist. Although I'm wondering where that kid went that CTU traded for Jack...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Sunrise [Smile]

They never really did get back to Beruz (sp?), did they? His mom got popped, but they never showed what happened to the kid.

I'm also wondering if anyone's going to bother telling his daughter Kim that he's still alive, or if Jack will just conveniently forget about her as the audience is apparently supposed to.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's best Kim doesn't know he's alive... as having her know about it will bring back Kim to the show.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

It would also undoubtedly get her kidnapped again. Though, it would probably also land in her in some tight, revealing top, which isn't all bad.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We tend to store up torrented episodes then watch them in a block, so last night we watched the final 4. Pretty much same old, same old really - with no Kim you avoided all the ridiculous scrapes she got into in season 2 which was a mercy.

No torture this year? Every 5 minutes they were summoning Richards from his lair!

For a minute when Tony phoned Michelle to say he's alive, I expected her to have taken an overdose or something, sittnig dopily in her car like that. "Oh, come off it, this is not Romeo and fucking Juliet!" I shouted at the screen.

Any word yet on a 5th season?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps