Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » A spoiler-filled Lost thread for me to mouth off like a big jerk in. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A spoiler-filled Lost thread for me to mouth off like a big jerk in.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, how about that Lost, huh? I kept wanting to start a thread about it during the season, but by the time I got around to posting I always had my urge to speculate sated by other means. So I figured I'd just comment in someone else's, but none appeared.

It is maybe my favorite show ever.

Well, it is in the upper echelons, lets say.

I will try to come up with some better-composed thoughts later, when it is not three A.M.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen up until the point where Claire comes back in the end of an ep, from being kidnapped, I missed everything after that. That will be remedied, though.

I like the fact that it's a drama but also contains elements of Verne-style science fiction and mystery, I dislike the chance that everything about the monster might "be in their heads". Though, that pilot never came back...

Sawyer's underbite-grinny chin provokes me, I want to remove it and put in something smaller and more tasteful, less Brando-y.

Also, discovering that I'm older than several of the main cast feels strange.

Rockgod and Man-dude are funny.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen a single episode of this show, but I fully intend on buying the first season DVD and expect to be addicted instantly.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I recently got hooked on the show, but we missed the first few when they started rerunning it. Anybody know any sites that have some good summaries of the episodes?

B.J.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Television
Without
Pity for I take the easy route of bitter sarcasm.

Got into this show based on a friend's recommendation and then godamnit I fell in. I hurt that person for doing this to me.

I can say that it benefits from watching the episodes in order. I had the appearance of a certain mysterious character spoiled for me by a well intentioned friend. This person was also hurt.

The problem is that it's SO compelling. And while I desperately want to know what's happening, and what's going to happen, and who knows how much, I don't want anyone to tell me. And I don't want the producers of the show to fuck it up and have it be something silly or lame (like an electric gorilla on a long chain or something totally rational and scientific or, say, aliens). Which I realize is all but impossible at this point. The bastards.

$
$
$
$
$
$
pirates == hooray!

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are obviously on "The New Fantasy Island" that was abandoned after that series was axed.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw that show, but thought that the premise sounded cool. Caligula is a demon or something exiled to this island to mess with people? Something like that, right?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Albertus
Member # 1635

- posted      Profile for Albertus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another show that will not show in the UK. [Frown]

When you all start bitching, remember that your probably are the only ones to see it. [Frown]

The next question is posted as a topic.

[Big Grin]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wha-huh?

I will probably be happy regardless of the big reveal so long as John Locke makes cryptic pronouncements about it.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last episode they've shown around here has been the one about Hurley and the numbers. That leaves, what, 4-6 more episodes until the end of the season?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Seven or six, depending on how the three parts of "Exodus" are handled. The last two were shown together when ABC broadcast it the first time.

Incidentally, the IMDb no longer appears to have any information on the upcoming season premiere. They used to have some interesting people listed as guest stars.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Lost totally cleaned up at the Emmy nominations.

Or, does "totally cleaned up" imply getting the most ever? Because maybe I should just say "did very well."

And three posthumous effects-related nominations for Enterprise, in those coveted categories of hairstyling, makeup, and stunts.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that was a list of poop.

Victor Garber was on Will & Grace.

Everyone was on Will & Grace also.

Tv is so bad these days I've entertained myself by foraging.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Albertus:
Another show that will not show in the UK. [Frown]
[Big Grin]

So that crazy advert with the dancing that Channel 4 are showing...it's just to wind you up then?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't read the thread, am avoiding spoilers, but I did cave in and visit the Channel 4 site, but all they've got at the moment is a chance to download the trailer. . .

http://www.channel4.com/lost

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps