Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » a few more random Buffy comments (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: a few more random Buffy comments
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Well, if any high powered media executives are reading this and want to hire me, I guess they can send me an e-mail.

Or you could apply yourself and stop sitting on your arse. Although I wouldn't let them see that you used "here" when you meant "hear". That's, like, minus a million points.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boo to that.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Season two. Apparently I started five episodes in, so I'll do the first four I missed, and then? Well, then I will probably just watch the rest, until I get to some point where I haven't clogged things up with comments. (Season four.)

"When She Was Bad"

Buffy comes back from summer vacation with a chip on her shoulder, and is mean to everyone until she works out her unresolved issues related to dying. They say "issues" a lot.

I think this is the only episode on DVD that comes with a "previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer" opening. (Not counting bonus easter egg ones.)

I guess Willow and Xander walking alongside a cemetery in the dead of night with no concern is supposed to impress on us how the vampires all gave up after the Master was killed, but it still doesn't seem very wise, especially since no one ever gets to go out at night and not run into vampires. But first, some near-kissing. And then a vampire. Now they have to wait another year.

Buffy's father bought her so many clothes because this is his last appearance, I bet.

Cordelia complains about Tuscany, and Miss Calendar went to Burning Man. To the extreme! I guess. She should be carrying around a copy of Wired magazine. (Because they write a lot about Burning Man, see. And were hipper than hip at the time, sort of. 1998ish. I don't know.)

Angel will just let himself out the window, then.

Hey, let's say "Cibo Matto" a whole bunch!

I like how interested Cordelia is in demons now. Did you guys fight any demons over the summer? What's the demon situation like? It makes sense. But don't mention it in a crowded hallway. . .

So is that Sean Lennon onstage with Cibo Matto, then?

This whole consecrated ground thing doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent. The vampires digging with their hands are really just getting in the way of the ones with shovels. They should have brought more shovels.

It is Sean Lennon. I was never clear if Cibo Matto proper was just the two ladies, or what. Their first album is pretty good.

Buffy is mean. This whole scenerio is mean. Everyone knows something is crazy off-kilter when Buffy is willing to dance with Xander? I mean, what is she even trying to accomplish here?

Cordelia gets to be the perceptive one, though I think she has a cold.

. . . now mentioning vampires at a table in a crowded student lounge area, that's A-OK, apparently.

I think the moral here is Angel shouldn't get involved with high school girls.

You know what would have been shocking? If this vampire they think is Cordelia but then realize is a vampire turned out to actually be Cordelia, turned into a vampire. I guess that would mess up the big ceremony later. And Angel's TV show.

This part, Xander saying to Buffy "If they hurt Willow I'll kill you"? I don't buy it at all. First of all, he's having some trouble standing up on his own, without trying to kill the girl with superstrength. It's just too much.

Burning out the inside of this vampire's mouth might make it hard for her to answer Buffy's questions. Still, neat.

Then there is a big fight scene, and a reconciliation, and so on, but my last note is about a possible continuity error regarding miniature golf courses in Sunnydale. This is why the creepy fan community can't have nice things.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only if one bad appleherder spoils the whole bunch.

In this case: maybe maybe.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

"Some Assembly Required"

There should be a show where all the episodes take their cues from packaging instructions.

This week, a moral fable on the dangers of reanimating your dead brother and then attempting to build him a girlfriend out of assorted body parts. Curiously, this is apparently achieved through Mad Science, rather than the dark arts.

First off, if I was sure that a recently buried man was a vampire, I think I'd go ahead and dig him up myself, thus avoiding a dull wait. On the plus side, I like the recently risen vampires because they wear suits and ties.

Pratfall!

Giles does have an office where he could practice asking out girls, if he didn't want people barging in.

Chris, whose brother is three years dead, if I recall correctly, has huge eyebrows.

And then Cordelia is badmouthing the yearbook staff, which I suppose makes sense, but I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be some sort of truce at work when they're taking yearbook pictures, because those are like cash money.

"Cross-town" something dead student race. Does that mean that this other high school was in Sunnydale?

"For most traditional purposes a voodoo priest would require more than one [zombie]." For instance, zombie carwash.

Angel is creepy. I wasn't sure if you were who I thought you were, so I thought I'd silently stalk you through the parking lot.

"Angel saved me from an arm." A hand, was all.

So they're just going to break into lockers based on a list of people Willow thinks are smart? And yet, later, when the school cracks down on goths it's bad. Even though, this close to the Hellmouth, Cure albums can probably kill, and the poor kids into, I don't know, Opeth or something just disappear into the Earth on the back of a luridly drawn demon.

Now, it's been three years since Daryl died? I think I may have heard that wrong, because that's a long time. Anyway, if his mother is essentially catatonic three years later, I'm going to guess that their homelife was not the smoothest to begin with.

Buffy's proof that the weird kid is assisting in the body snatching: collage.

Anyway, so far this is more a job for the police. At this point they could just call them, say they heard Chris or the other kid talking about the grave robberies, and let it go. Maybe. There's no apparent supernatural weirdness involved as far as they know, is what I'm saying, and what is Buffy going to do about it? Her usual strategy of killing is probably not a good fit for the situation.

And then the junior Frankensteins are bemoaning the lack of recently dead girls, which is one of the few times anyone complains about a lack of dead people on this show.

Seeing as how he's been reanimated and apparently living in a basement for three years, Daryl seems OK. I mean, he isn't bashed his brother's head in to feast on his brain or anything.

Buffy ought to have kicked the weird kid harder.

"When you wake up you'll have the body of a seventeen year-old." Isn't Cordelia already seventeen?

So what happens to Chris and his friend? I guess Chris repents, and Daryl is burnt up in the fire, but that's two corpses, including the headless gestalt girl. And there are cops there now. Hmm.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

"School Hard"

It took me an embarrassing amount of time to realize that the title was a reference.

Some vampires attack the school during parent-teacher conferences and Buffy has to save the day. One of the vampires is Spike, who we can be sure is cool because he is British.

Buffy is always in the principal's office for fighting, but when has she ever fought something whose existence the school is willing to admit? I mean, this other girl here stabbed a teacher.

Buffy and Willow are very sensitive to TV show cliches here.

Colin looks so annoyed by Spike.

Spike: "You're that annointed guy. I read about you." In Vanity Fair. For vampires.

No one at the Bronze seems to notice or care about Spike's announcement about somebody being attacked outside. Life is short and brutal in Sunnydale.

Willow: "We can't run, that would be wrong. Could we hide?"

I like how the camera doesn't linger on the girl tied up in Drusilla's room. She's just there, in the background.

I want to know more about Snyder. He doesn't seem to have much in the way of vampire survival skills here, yet he clearly knows more about what's going on than he is willing to admit. But how did he get this job?

Also, Spike's later plan, the one that involves magically stealing Angel's life to recharge Drusilla? Does he have that plan from the beginning?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
One of the vampires is Spike, who we can be sure is cool because he is British.

Or evil. Both, in this case. I think a "yay, Spike!" is required at this point.

His accent is so very much worse in these episodes, too.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Ah, but that's why Drusilla is around.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

She deflects attention so well. I know that James Marsters went to Tony Head for help with his accent, but did Juliet Landau just sit back and say "I don't need help with my accent. Cor, luv a duck guvnor"?

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps