Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG1 "Avalon Pt II" $$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: SG1 "Avalon Pt II" $$$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People don't seem to understand what my idea is... I'm not talking about an episode of SG-1 followed by and episode of SG:A that continues the story, I'm talking about a two-hour episode that is both shows. I suppose it could just be called "Stargate" something or other (so as to not infringe on the movie). In syndication it would either get split into two parts and shown whenever, or it would be shown all at once as a telemovie.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would highlight both show's weaknesses- the lack of fresh ideas at SGI and the still-developing chemistry on Atlantis.

Or you'd have a lot of frictin between teams followed by backslappin budy-budy nonsense.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least they haven't done the "Stargate creates evil duplicate" thing.....yet....

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's coming. They've already done the Alternate Reality thing.
I say we ban Stargate alltogether when they get to the Evil Clone of O'Neil stage.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, evil Kurt Russell, then?

They've already passed the Adolescent Clone of O'Neill stage. Does that count?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It's close....they have to have the clone take over the 'Gould and try to destroy Earth to be really un-redeemable.

Also bad would be any episode that splits someone into their good and evil parts or anything that causes severe aging or de-evolving into cavemen or...

Wait, they did that last one already!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two out of three, in fact.

All three, if you're willing to count "look how evil Goa'uld memories/health care makes you" episodes.

I wonder if anyone considering keeping O'Neill around by bringing back that kid.

Well, hopefully not.

That episode struck me as nightmarish. Here's O'Neill, for all intents and purposes, but he has to go live a life not his own and never see any of his family or friends again.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You mean the android duplictes episodes?
That would be nightmarish- to discover that not only are you a copy, but that you're a machine copy at that.

Of course, given virtual immortality, you could concievably find a way to grow a organic body one day.

It's amazing how many lame concepts we let Stargate get away with that we'd be disguted with in a current Trek episode though.
All th instances I mentioned are unwatchable to me on Trek.
Particularly on TNG.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rejuvenated (only actually not) O'Neill episode.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I've not seen that one- I only get to see them in the reruns played at 6pm...and I've not had cable in two months now so no TV....

(sigh.)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mini-O'Neill didn't so much have as wanted to live his life over again, which was fairly creepy and un-O'Neill-like (still possessing the mind of Maxi-O'Neill, etc).

Also, that episode never happened. At all. Ever. There are five lights.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw the "Mini-Me" episode the other night. I actually liked the episode, mostly because the actor they found to play young O'Neill absolutely *nailed* RDA's mannerisms.

Also, Daniel referred to Loki as an *ASS*gard. [Big Grin]

B.J.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stargate does ALL the sci-fi cliches, sometimes more than once, with the exception of shrinking the characters. The difference is, Stargate does them WELL. Farscape was the same way (though they actually did do the shrinking episode). The time loop episode of SG-1 was priceless.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Farscape was the same way (though they actually did do the shrinking episode)."

Did they? Why can't I remember that?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the same thing... [Confused]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps