Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Battlestar Galactica: "Fragged" (spoilers) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica: "Fragged" (spoilers)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is the crazy discussion? I ask?

Colonel Tigh seems determined to make the most wrong decisions possible. I find it interesting how, in at least one episode from last season (the one where Starbuck had crashed, I believe) Tigh seemed to agree with Roslin instead of Adama, though of course he didn't take any action because of it. But now that Adama is out of the picture, Tigh's loyality to him seems to come first, and the fleet a distant second (or perhaps even third, behind his wife).

At what point does the rest of the fleet begin to wonder if the danger from Galactica outweighs the danger of going off on their own?

And meanwhile Baltar is getting comfortable with the idea of shooting people when necessary.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was beginning to wonder if Crashdown was becoming rapidly surplus to requirements, what with Helo likely to be coming back to Galactica eventually, and the hot female Raptor-backseater popping up more and more.

Wouldn't it have made more sense for Apollo to fly one of the Raptors, or at least be in his flight suit in case? Perhaps they want to bring out a Camouflage Apollo action figure.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Random thoughts from this arc.

The bones on Kobol... were they really there? It's been a long time since humans have been on Kobol. Those bones wouldn't be expoed to the surface like that, they would have decayed or been scattered about due to elements and animals.

So, were they really there or an illusion Six put in Baltar's head just like the baby and the intact buildings?

And there is no indication she was telling the truth about the human sacrafices and the scriputres being a lie to cover man's barbarism.

Guess I shoulda saw Crashdown's death coming. Interesting Baltar shooting him and Six commenting that he's now a man.

Tom Zerek actually seemed like a good guy this episode. Of course, his scene was small.

Can Laura Roslyn be religious prophet AND president? Would that change the government from democratic to theocratic?

Is she really going to die? However, I do like how it's now in the open she has cancer.

NO CAPRICA SCENES THIS EPISODE!!!!

Thank goodness the separate Kobol subplot is now over. Doesn't mean they can't start another one, though.

Ellen Tigh is no good for Saul. They get together and drink and an incompetent commander becomes even worse.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I imagine there's going to be sizeable chunks of the next few episodes set on Caprica, so tonight's ep may have been to give us a break of Starbuck and her gas guzzling Humvee. At least when they find Earth she can be like, "WOOHOO GM EMPLOYEE PRICING!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For all we know, they already had a theocracy..

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Lee: How do we know Apollo can even fly a Raptor? Sure, he's a excellent pilot, but that doesn't mean he knows how to fly everything under the sun.

As for Crashdown (appropriate name...), any good military commander will tell you that you LISTEN to your experienced non-coms. Yes, Tyrol is a mechanic, but he still has a lot more experience than Crash.

I have a feeling that the Cylons have a flawed view of what mankind is and should be. This comes from 6's comments to Baltar about how he's a man now that he's actually murdered someone.

Callie was paying for DENTAL SCHOOL? Didn't see that one coming. Looks like she's stuck in the military now.

I do like how they portray their military - not everyone is an experienced combat soldier that can jump into battle at a moment's notice.

B.J.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point, Beej, I'd meant to hypothesize somethign along those lines, but my brain was fried by being made to go see Jamie Cullum in concert. Honestly, I take her to see the Flaming Lips, she takes me to see Jamie bloody Cullum. Talk about the sublime to the ridiculous. Oh, well, Anthony Stewart Head was the announcer, but no Giles gags, just one about being the Prime Minister. And he sang too.

Er, where was I? Presumably this starting arc will be resolved eventually and they'll maybe leap forward a few weeks allowing Adama to be up and about.

And they did update the survivor count. 47, 862 now. That means about a hundred people died during the Cylon incursion. . . Ouch. More pertinent though should be exactly how many serviceable Raptors and Vipers they have left, and how many pilots. Tbey're gonna need a top-up, and I think we all know how they'll probably end up getting one. Equinox, anybody?

Oh, and I'm really starting to miss the episode preview. Every time the credits end with their "Ooh wah nyah hee hoo hah wow. . ." I automatically start going "Boomp piddy paddy boomp bump bamp. . ."

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, good, it's not just me.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Ron Moore's blog he was talking about a few things they wanted to do for the 2nd season -- one was introduce a Marine recurring character (probably the one guarding Roslin) and one of the other things was to show the fleet becoming independent, one way to do that by manufacturing their own Vipers ... imagine Tyrol'll get stuck with that job.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a rather disturbing thought... if Six was approving of Baltar shooting Crashdown, and commenting that he's now "a man" since he's (directly) killed someone... would that be a clue as to the reason for the Cylons trying to wipe Humanity out? Something about becoming more Human-like by massacring their creators? Because that would be, like, really twisted.

(Oh, and thanks for a new sig, Lee. [Wink] )

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Six's comment could also be taken in a sacrastic frame too. After all, she kept ranting about how man's real talent is killing. And she reminded Baltar that humans built the Cylons as killing machines.

I did like the parallel between the two incompetent or insecure commanders, Crashdown and Tigh. Each of them felt inadequate (but only Tigh actually voiced his indecision and doubt) and each of them quickly resorted to force when it was clear they weren't being followed readily.

Lee
Member # 393

I'm just glad my phoneticisation of the cod-Adiemus and the cod-Stomp parts of the theme stand up to repeated reading. 8)

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And they did update the survivor count. 47, 862 now. That means about a hundred people died during the Cylon incursion."

Give or take 88.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. . . Topher reported last week's count as 47,874, meaning the Cylon boarding action only killed 12.

I'm sure someone has a copy sitting around they could double check, just to make sure.

Lee
Member # 393

Bugger. I think I got my numbers jumbled up. What, only 12 people?! There were at least that many in the room where they found Dualla. . .

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps