Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG: "The Farm" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BSG: "The Farm"
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does it matter if Helo sees another Sharon? He's known for longer than anyone that she's a Cylon.
No. He meant that Helo recognized Sharon for being a Cylon when he saw another Sharon-Cylon walking around the airfield last season.

Of course, by that point, Helo's Sharon had broken contact with her Cylon controller, so it isn't like they were able to do a lot of coordinating, y'know?

quote:

I realize that we only know for certain that the leader knows she's a Cylon. But, that's what I'm saying: Doesn't he seem a bit calm about it? An episode ago, he was gung-ho about gunning down anyone he saw driving down the road, on the off-chance they might be Cylons. Now he's got a self-admitted Cylon walking around freely in his resistance cell, and he doesn't express the least bit of apprehension?

Well, remember that the leader hadn't gotten laid in a long while, plus, he trusts Starbuck & Helo, and if they tell him Sharon's "defective" he may not believe it ... but he's willing, at least, to trust their judgement (probably 'cuz he wants Starbuck lovin' if she delivers on her promise to send a rescue mission).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
didn't the raider contain the navigational information necessary to return to Galactica's position?
That doesn't matter though ... does it? Galactica has jumped several times since Starbuck's raider was stolen. What is needed is not the Galactica's old position, but rather the coordinates for Kobol.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"No. He meant that Helo recognized Sharon for being a Cylon when he saw another Sharon-Cylon walking around the airfield last season."

Well, in that case... What does that have to do with anything?

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Blogger Snay:
quote:
didn't the raider contain the navigational information necessary to return to Galactica's position?
That doesn't matter though ... does it? Galactica has jumped several times since Starbuck's raider was stolen. What is needed is not the Galactica's old position, but rather the coordinates for Kobol.
Right... anyway, he left me wondering (a) how Starbuck would be able to return and (b) if the Cylons will be going there too.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't think Rosalyn was planning on going anywhere until Starbuck got back. But the fleet was forced to jump before that happened. Nice coincidence that Ros and her supporters are jumping back to Kobol just as Starbuck gets a new ride.

But I was suprised that Starbuck wasn't trying to rip Boomer's head off, even if she did just save her life.

B.J.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

"Well, in that case... What does that have to do with anything?"

Um. I don't know -- why'd you bring it up?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Somehow I doubt anyone would question Starbuck's behaviour in the light of her feelings for Lee if the genders of all concerned were reversed.

Actually no, I'm equal-opportunity in that regard. Of course, I can think of no similar example which satisfies the requirement of the situations being reversed, so perhaps TV writers don't approach things so equally.

Now, what'll be fun is when you end up with Helo, the Chief, and a pregnant maybe-Caprica-Sharon in the same room on Galactica.

(I sense that the Chief, much like DS9's Chief, is going to end up as the guy who gets run through the ringer constantly.)

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's happened to Olmos' face? It's changed somehow. Maybe it's just the hair, or maybe he's had a facelift. He looks younger, less jowly.

I suspect we now know who Six's surrogate mother could turn out to be. They seemed to be treating Starbuck differently than the other 'hosts.'

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please forgive me for stating the obvious, but, Lee, are you intimating that they cut Baltar's baby out of Starbuck's womb? Because that'd actually be really interesting. I had imagined they'd put disquieting-psychoanalysis-fake-doctor-Cylon swimmers up there or maybe harvested some eggs or something, but... Zwounds.
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Well, I don't think Rosalyn was planning on going anywhere until Starbuck got back. But the fleet was forced to jump before that happened. Nice coincidence that Ros and her supporters are jumping back to Kobol just as Starbuck gets a new ride.

So, er, I got confused in all the jumping and calculating of jumps, etc. Did Roslyn and Co. jump straight to Kobol or back to the point where Starbuck stole the raider? Because the former obviously had a Cylon problem (building missile batteries planteside, etc.) and the latter was swarming with Cylons from when Galactica jumped back to calculate the fleet's un-drift-compensated position.

(Also, did anyone notice how restrained I was not whinging about the "networks", "firewalls" and "gateways" in the previous ep? It wasn't easy.)

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(And don't even get me started on the "mainframe".)

BTW, did anyone get get any good caps of the new Cylon minivan?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you perhaps mean this?

-

More can be found here.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

That's not new - we saw it when the Cylons boarded Galactica.

Or did you mean "new to this season"?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it isn't new to this season either.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

When did we see it in the first season?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Colonial Day". One is either taking off from or landing at (I do not remember which.) the base Helo and Boomer finally arrive at.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps