Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG: "The Farm" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BSG: "The Farm"
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I was implying that maybe they've implanted something. I can't recall the overheard dialogue between Simon and Hospital Six (I've also seen a publicity still that shows two Sixes conferring in the hospital, and don't remember that from the show, so it must be a deleted scene) but it gave some clue as to what they were doing, and it seemed rather an elaborate process given how many other women they've been plugging into those incubators. And they took much better care of her than that other Resistance woman. So. . . I dunno. A Six may be intended as the mother of Baltar's shild, but so far there's been no real possibility for one to be pregnant from him. Original (pre-apocalypse) Six got a nuclear blast wave full in the face. They could have his sperm from somewhere but this ep indicates that normal implantation doesn't work, it has to be an ickle wickle child of lurve (but implantation is potentially what's been done here, I know). . . If Baltar's Inner Six is in contact with all the other Sixes then they know of his relationship with Starbuck, it'd tickle their mean little senses of irony to use her somehow.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to here:
quote:
Simon:...pending lab test results on [sample for] ovaries, complete removal will proceed tomorrow. They've lab tested positive and subject will be removed to processing facility for final disposition.

Number Six: Is that regret I hear in your voice, Simon?

Simon: If it is, it certainly is none of your concern.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How come all the other Cylon models have a regular name and Six is a number?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because nobody would believe her name was "Harvey". Of course, it's also possible that Six is a name in the colonies, or that the others' names aren't really their names, just their assumed identities, and Six doesn't have one. Sharon to them is just Eleven, say, but she pretends to be Sharon when necessary.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a bit strange: in the show (and by people watching the show) Cylon models are referred to by the names the first versions seen of each was using: Sharon/Boomer, Doral, Leoben and now Simon. Yet Tricia Helfer's only character name ever mentioned anywhere is Six (apart from her appearance as Shelley Godfrey) - I don't remember her being called anything by Baltar, whether a name or number. I suppose this is because we were meant to know right from the start she's a Cylon; but if so, why since then haven't they made any attempt to number any of the other known models? Not that it detracts from the show that they haven't, and besides if they did it'd probably end up getting cut for time like the merciful excising of Boxey!

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

A Battlestar Wikipedia? My life is complete. *puts gun to head and pulls trigger*

That's the dialogue I meant. Why are they removing her ovaries if she's meant to become a cylon incubator? They must be necessary because they're being tested prior to removal. Or would they just be used to re-stock an existing co-opted colonial woman already serving as an incubator?

And the dialogue implies moving her to another location. Why if they obviously have a full setup there?

But it also explains away the extra scar, that they were doing tests; yet I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line it emerges that more had been done to her. . .

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the impression that they were going to remove her reproductive organs and implant them in a Cylon. It was stated that they're comming at the sterility problem from several different angles.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because nobody would believe her name was "Harvey".
HA!

Not much to add this time, but I just wanted to point out that last episode, we finally got to see the redesigned Colonial shuttle created for the series. It looks very much like the original, but it's much smoother.

B.J.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did we?

re Six: I've asked this before, but I don't recall the answer, if there was one: has anyone ever used that name in the show? Surely she had some believable cover name during the time she knew Baltar prior to the attack.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Starbuck is the mother of all cylons after she rescues Adama and his Battlestar from the edge of an Event Horizon..... oh wait....

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Baltar, given his treatment of women, simply didn't remember 6's cover name. Or after a long history of cheating on the women he's with he's aquired the habit of not refering to them by name, a neat trick if you want to avoid accidently saying the wrong name in a moment of passion.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the caps, Toph. For some reason I remembered it being more saucer-like. Guess our galactipals have one of those now.

Am I completely imagining the episode where Starbuck and Baltar (she is imagining Lee) get it on?

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. She screamed out Lee's name while they were doing it.
Lee
Member # 393

I have this effect on people.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering why I kept screaming your name when playing with myself ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps