Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Cylon ship (possible future $$$$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cylon ship (possible future $$$$$)
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else seen this?
http://www.starshipbuilder.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000073.html

Wierd is all I gotta say. Looks like something H. R. Giger would come up with.

B.J.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks very spindly.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That conjures forth images of old gothic cathedrals with their tracery around the windows. Perhaps this is their "Holy Celestial Temple".

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh. Doesn't look like much actual ship, though. I wouldn't really call it Gigeresque, either, on account of not looking at all organic. I mean, you know, it doesn't look like the ribs of a living thing, so much as, like Mr. WizArtist II said, the ribs of a building. (And yet, being a Cylon ship ((or is it?)), it probably is partially organic.) Also it isn't a giant phallus, or a skeleton baby plugged into a breast machine.

Whatever other supply problems the fleet has, they don't have a problem producing detailed ship models at short notice.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if it's not a cylon ship, what if it's something they've salvaged/captured? Didn't the original show have a funky, spikey, glowy, light-ship?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like some sort a rack where cylon ships can quickly be deployed from like a mobile shipyard. But then again TPTB may pull something from left field and present us with something we never imagined. What I find amazing is that a model for it was made so quickly by the humans. I can understand the models of vipers, cylon fighters, and battlestars being on the display, but if this is a NEW ship, how could they have made a model so quickly especially with limited resources?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fact, all of the Cylon ships were unknown prior to the attack.

But, I mean, so they've got a rapid prototyping 3D printer down in the machine shop. No big deal.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheh I was thinking the same thing - before I read the rest of this thread. I'd say they have some sort of 3D renderer thing.

ANYWAY - my theory - thought up in about 0.0005 seconds... Maybe it's some sort of communications relay that is maintaining the link between the humanoid cylons and the rest of the cylons.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course! A ship-based array that receives uploads from Cylons about to be killed, in effect resurrecting them - an, if you will, "Resurrection Ship."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

A fine extrapolation, but if that's the case is it really that big a deal, plotwise? Because presumably it's just there to catch any dying Cylons in the fleet, and not back on the Colonies. (Since if it had the range to reach from the Colonies to the fleet, why not leave it there, or at least keep it at some equidistant point to minimize the risk of discovery?) But then, I don't have any guesses about what's going to happen next, so I guess I can't say what is and isn't important to hypothetical future stories.

I suppose I assumed that the title refered to the Pegasus herself, being, from the Galactica's point of view, a literally resurrected ship, but then that's a slightly but importantly different title, isn't it? Hmm.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would make sense if the first ep in which the Pegasus appears (or reappears, if you wish) was called "Resurrection Ship," but it wasn't. "Ship Full of Whackjob Rapists Commanded By a Loony" maybe, but not a "Resurrection Ship."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Ah, but perhaps part two ultimately focuses on the fate of the Pegasus in a way part one did not? Or something. And then it is reborn!
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure hope it's not foldable or something [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So my complete guess just based on it's "antenna/array" look and even though I've only seen up to the end of season 1 is a possible correct assumption!?! WOAH! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the idea of it being an antenna that relays a human Cylon's experiences back to new hosts.

It could be called the Toast Rack.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps