Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » New Futurama! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New Futurama!
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Over here, the simpsons have swapped to a different network (BBC used, and now Channel 4 have em) and have started to run from the very begining again.

But to be honest that might be a good thing. The few 'new' eppisodes i've watched at my parents house sucked. And they've all signed lucrative contracts until the next decade. Bugger.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ginger Beacon:
And they've all signed lucrative contracts until the next decade. Bugger.

I read where they are signed up until season 20 - which is only 2 or 3 more years - and then a big-screen movie.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
What season was the monorail episode - cause that is one of the best Simpsons ever.

"Were yo sent here by the Devil? No, good sir, I'm on the level!"

Yeah good stuff- that was back when the appearance of Sideshow Bob was cool and not a obligitory yearly event.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Futurama is made into full length features on DVD, what guarentee do we have that they will be shown on TV. I mean I like futurama, but not enough to buy a DVD of the show.

Well in any case, my favorite episodes of the Simpsons are the "Sexual Harrassment Episode" and the "Camping Trip". I don't know their exact titles, but if your a real Simpsons fan I think you the ones I'm talking about.

Lexa Sudani
Member # 1785

- posted      Profile for Lexa Sudani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, these last few days have been great. Yet I have to say, this is the best news i've heard since ...I don't know when.

I think I'll also drink a can of motor oil to celebrate. ^_^

steve12553
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Futurama. I watch it every chance I get and I don't know why.
IP: Logged
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met Billy West (Fry, Zoidberg, Professor Farnsworth, Zap Brannigan) this weekend, who talked a little bit about the Futurama DVDs. He said there were plans for four feature length DVD movies and that he was going into the studio in a couple of weeks to start recording the first one and that they were hoping to have it released by the Christmas season.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this news. It's great how digital production methods have shortened the production time of a quality animation property like Futurama to months from over a year per episode. That, and all the main pre-production work is already done...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do love "the Simpsons hasn't been good since season 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 etc" conversation. It's so fun.

Besides, it ignored what is plainly the best line in any television show ever.

"How ironic. Now he's blind after a lifetime of enjoying being able to see."

Win.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news, everyone!
http://www.billywest.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2011&PN=1
From the second post:
quote:
And the other good news is that they're doing 26 new episodes of
''Futurama'' for TV and we're hammering out the deal now.The original
plan was to have the DVD's first but that's no longer the case.I'm totaly
jammed dude.

Woo hoo!

B.J.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew it - the DVDs were just compliations of new episodes. They're gonna split them up and broadcast 'em on TV instead, and THEN release 'em on DVD. Sweetness beyond compare!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm getting different bits of info that say this news may not be the case.There IS something up Futurama project wise but but it might be the DVD's still.It's hard to keep up with things--but I'll try to do better.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
What season was the monorail episode - cause that is one of the best Simpsons ever.

"Were yo sent here by the Devil? No, good sir, I'm on the level!"

Yeah good stuff- that was back when the appearance of Sideshow Bob was cool and not a obligitory yearly event.

How can you remember the words to the song, and yet invent an appearence by a character who was not only not in that episode, but wasn't in that season?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that the point? If Sideshow Bob isn't in that season, then that season is without the obligatory "Sideshow Bob returns" episode. He didn't say Sideshow Bob WAS in that episode. Sideshow Bob may be funny, but they should have stopped after the David Hyde-Pierce episode.

And yes, the U2 episode ruled! Especially when they told Adam that he couldn't join them at the pub.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get too excited, from the same thread:

I'm getting different bits of info that say this news may not be the
case.There IS something up Futurama project wise but but it might be the
DVD's still.It's hard to keep up with things--but I'll try to do better.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps