Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG1 "Camelot" [Season Finale Megaspoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: SG1 "Camelot" [Season Finale Megaspoilers]
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Asgard: Please send a fleet, and not this one ship business, because remember how in early episodes you were all "We'd totally deal with the Goa'uld, but we're way busy," and it was neat to see an advanced alien species that was willing to use that advancement to help out the main characters, rather than being all SOME SECRETS MAN IS NOT READY FOR about it, like certain other aliens we could name? And now would be, you know, the perfect time to swoop in and look awesome. You could even lose, since the Ori have magic powers, so you wouldn't unbalance the story.

(The Asgard ship isn't shown taking a hit, is it?)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is indeed shown taking a hit. Right around the time they show the Odyssey taking a hit, I believe.

And I think the only time we ever saw more than one Asgard ship in a battle was when the Replicator ship came to Orilla. Which may mean that for some reason they don't view the Ori as a big a threat as the Replicators. Of course, the Ori aren't in Orilla's galaxy, so they may just be viewing it as a human problem.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe, y'know, they got totally smote by the Replicators and don't have many ships left to spare?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naaaah. Couldn't happen.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for some reason Thor hasn't been around. Kvasir noted that both he and Heimdall were attending to stuff in a different galaxy, so Kvasir had been taking their place. It's a little odd Thor hasn't shown up (Michael Shanks provides Thor's voice, so it's hardly a question of availabilty), but I guess a little variety is in order...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is also no telling how many Asgard are left. IIRC, they are reproducing at a very slow rate and using genetic cloning to keep the race alive. After the RepWars, their population could have been decimated. While I don't recall ever having seen more than one Asgard on any ship, who knows how many it takes to run an O'neall class, or how many are involved in reconstructing their planets and fleets.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

cubby14
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reckon it was the Korelev taken out. Also the BC-304 that we saw being hit only had the bow section being destroyed and not the stern. The bridge and F-302 bays are in the stern scetion including Mitchell and Daniel. I hope they actually built a fail safe into the BC-304 so that the stern can act as a life boat if the bow is gone and vice-versa.
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I reckon it was the Korelev taken out."

So, it's your contention that Daniel Jackson is now dead again?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's that apparently only the front part is seen getting destroyed, and perhaps they are still alive in the wreckage. (Or such is my reading. Of the post, that is.)

Anyway, I remain unconvinced by the Asgard sympathizers.

cubby14
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch the last few moments of the episode again and you will notice that only the front section of the BC-304 explodes. I don't think Daniel is dead and neither is Mitchell or Checkov. Remember that Mitchell was heading for the F-302 bays when we saw the BC-304 get hit and the bridge is also in the stern of the ship. The fact that the Prometheus was split in half, I think they might have learned a lesson from that.

The Asgard have never really cared enough to send a big enough task force to defend our asses. Also the Asgard must be re-building after they got their own little butts kicked by the replicators.

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Asgard don't have the population to spare? Y'know due to the way they well don't exactly procreate.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I finally watch the season finale... and I've finally re-read this thread (sorry about my post above restating what was mentioned by someone else). I've now been spoiled too, to the end of the season of Atlantis. [Frown]

Anyway - KICK ARSE EPISODE! Amazing. Everyone having their little bit to do.

I'm a bit over the who San Greal/Holy Grail thing after watching the Da Vinci Code etc. etc. at least they didn't say "It can also be read Sang Real" or something like that - although they did call it the blood stone.

Arthur is coming back? Presumably that girl in the village has the Ancient Gene but none of the men do? Maybe it's passed down in that village as an X-linked gene.

Amazing battle at the end. Pity the Asgard didn't do much at all - would have been interesting to see Baal swoop in too.

Or even a race from earlier on in the series that we didn't expect to see.

Teal'c shouldn't have been on a Jaffa ship - since their shield now seem to suck compared to the Asgard.

I'm guessing we see the destruction of the Odyssey - no more Vessir (or however you spell that smart-alec Asgard's name).

Stupid Doctor Lee last week draining the Ancient device of it's power.

It'd be nice if the Ori technology didn't look soo much like the Ancient technology - i.e. the control crystals.

How were they supposed to dial that supergate? Just plug in that crystal??

What DOES the ninth chevron on a stargate do??

[Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hat DOES the ninth chevron on a stargate do??
I think the ninth chevron's only used for making collect calls. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well now that's an interesting idea. The receiving gate gets its power from the wormhole/sending gate, correct? Maybe using the ninth chevron makes it so the receiving gate powers the sending gate...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps