Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG Season 3, According to Ron Moore ($$$ LDYB, Part 2 and Beyond) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BSG Season 3, According to Ron Moore ($$$ LDYB, Part 2 and Beyond)
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has everyone already seen this?

It should lay some of your worries to rest about the show permanently being "grounded".

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/3300/2/

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! Very interesting.

I had no doubt the series would continue the search for Earth. I'm also still expecting the Pegasus to be lost at some point.

Any confirmed word if EJO is returning or not? Someone mentioned a rumor he was not coming back.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never heard that rumor.

(I seem to be all about the categorical denials in BG threads lately.)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the comment RDM made in the podcast was a joke.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one drawing parallels to the U.S. / Iraq invasion? Take em out but don't totally anihilate them, leave them be for awhile, then come back and occupy and take over for their own good?

It sounds to me like they are trying too hard to be cool and innovative. Seriously, the ONLY way that the NC's population can be rescued is if the toasters LET them. They now know EXACTLY how many survivors there were in the fleet and how many escaped on the fleet at the last second (something like 10K?). All they have to do is park a half dozen Basestars in orbit and they have their little pets perfectly penned. As far as fleet logistics are concerned, there more than likely is very little in the way of supplies, food, fuel as it was probably transferred to the surface for use there. And to top it off, there's a good chance that the key people that would be needed to produce, procure, refine the needed materials are sitting on the planet thinking of ways to torture the Baltar-Boy for his Wile E. Coyote, GENIUS plan to settle the planet. It's going to take some frakking good writing to pull this off. Not to mention, what happened to the farm cattle on the colonies? You can't tell me they were ALL killed off when its obvious the toasters are still interested in reproducing? Unless of course they have used all of them up and that is why they came to restock their little pond.

This really makes my feeling early in the series that the Cylons were herding the humans seem dead on. They should call it New Corral.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I haven't understood the strategic elements of the US/Iraq-to-BSG comparisons in the slightest. What's that supposed to be, anyway?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were at war. War was over. Then a political shift and we start the war over and occupy.

Cylons were at war. War was virtually over (no real fighting). Cylons get a PLAN from Gawd that changes their politics. They start the war over and occupy the colonies.

And now in some Olivaw/Giskardian shift...its for the "benefit" of humanity.

I wonder how Olivia De Berardini would've painted a Six.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adama and, um, Adama are gonna go back to Caprica. That's all I can think will save them now. See, I don't think the Cylons are interested in the Colonies... they're only interested in humanity. Why else would they have nuked the colonies? All that did was reduce the planets to irradiated wastelands, rendering them useless, ESPECIALLY to Cylons, who have a known weakness against radiation. Then they construct this plan to get the humies pinned, off-guard... weak. Right where they want them... as mentioned above: genetic fodder. Cattle.

So all I can think is that the Adamas are gonna go back, salvage whatever's left on the colonies, or even back to Ragnar station (not to mention all the other supply depots scattered about) and run drills like crazy with the remaining crew (possibly even scavanging crews from the other ships in the fleet) and converting the civvie ships into fighting vessels. Sort of like the auxulliary cruisers from WW2.

Then, they go back to New Caprica, and have a showdown with the toasters... after which we'll be left with yet ANOTHER cliffhanger finale.

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cylons had no problems at all living on Caprica after the attack. Their weakness was a specific EM whatsis present on (or I guess in) that gas giant.
Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Baltar manufacture a working Cylon detector using radiation from a nuke? Even if the radiation doesn't kill them, it sure would screw around with them... Although the Cylons living on Caprica during the occupation didn't seem to be bothered by it... Hell, I dunno.

Well, in any event, it's always been my impression that the Cylons weren't too keen on radiation.

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Didn't Baltar manufacture a working Cylon detector using radiation from a nuke?"

He manufactured a Cylon detector from a nuke. Whether it worked, and whether it used the radiation specifically, are debatable.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cylons were busy rebuilding Caprica. Apparently the radiation didn't bother them too much.

With all the surviving buildings it's obvious the Cylons used airburts instead of groundburts. Fallout would be less from an airburst and radiation would be less.

How much less, I don't know. Does it matter? I don't know. What's the difference between say 4x a leathal dose as opposed to 2x a leathal dose when you're still dead?

Dialogue from the mini was pretty clear it was something specific with the gas giant that affected the Cylons.

And did we ever hear what Baltar was using the nuke for?

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

Well, the detector did work, as demonstrated when Baltar accidentally discovered Boomer's Cylon status. Now, wether he actually used the nuke is another matter, I agree. He said he needed the nuke for the detector, but we dont know if he actually used it for that purpose. I think it was all part of the Cylon plan, the way that they 'accidentally' discovered New Caprica after the detonation... After all, it was Six that got him to ask for the nuke...

But still, I think Galactica and Pegasus would be going back to the colonies, even if there is a Cylon presence there... But that's just my opinion.

--------------------
-Lewis Carrol

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I really don't think Gina was working towards any Cylon plan. I think she detonated the warhead because she wanted to kill herself, and she wanted revenge.
Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

Maybe it wasn't Gina's plan... perhaps it was "God's" plan, though.

--------------------
-Lewis Carrol

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps