Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SUPERMAN RETURNS (inevitable spoilers) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: SUPERMAN RETURNS (inevitable spoilers)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen it yet - missed it at the movies and well, just haven't gotten around to watching it. Same with the new Batman.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Batman film is worth the effort if you didn't like the Tim Burton films. As for Superman Returns, if you saw the first one with Christopher Reeves, you've seen Superman Returns pretty much. There are one or two palaces where the script is virtualy lifted from the first one.

Still, it's enjoyable, and GOD it was good to hear that theme at the cinema. Although, unlike The Phantom Menace, the nerds didn't clap and cheer when the music began.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
I'm guessing they went with such youthful actors because they wanted to renew the franchise - and if a new generation audience was to get with Clark and Lois, then they'd have to be rejeuvenated to grow old along with them.

I hate this kind of crap that's happening in Hollywood now. The younger kids wouldn't identify with Lois anyway since she had a son of her own. There is absolutely no reason not to use older actors for anything. I'm glad Galactica wasn't forced into younger actors for many of the parts.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps