Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The latest B5 revival attempt. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The latest B5 revival attempt.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you better watch the dissing of Michael O'Hare. I met him when I lived in New York. We went to the same sci-fi book store and fairly quickly became friends. He's a great guy and I think Sinclair just had the wrong sort of background to play a hero (I've known fighter pilots, and the best ones are completely unrufflable -- like he played ex-squadron-commander Sinclair).

Not to mention, he wears glasses because contacts (like he was forced to wear on the show) really bother his eyes -- hence his tendancy to look like a deer in headlights. [Wink]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Xenon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine is a big SF fan (as are all of us in my weekend RPG group). But he's the odd-one-out in our group, in that he has a passionate hatred for all things Star Trek. He is particularly venomous about the "Roddenberry Cult", as he calls it.

What the rest of us find amusing is that he practically worships JMS -- anything JMS does or is even rumoured to be thinking about doing suddenly becomes The Next Big Thing in his mind, and he gets really gung-ho about it. His attitude towards JMS is not that much different from a lot of extreme Trekkies that I've known... and he doesn't realize he's doing it.

(I should mention the rumour about JMS doing the next Star Trek and see how he reacts. I predict his head will explode.) [Razz]

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not so much rumor as actual, unchosen proposal.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peregrinus: It's cool to know that. I've never seen Michael O'Hare in anything other than B5, so I've got no frame of reference. And considering that he was only in the first season, he didn't exactly have a chance to truly settle into the role. I feel that he had a few great outings... I loved his performance in "By Any Means Necessary," for example, for the very reason you describe in his demeanor. He was calm, rational, but still crafty, managing to play both ends against the middle. I think that was his best outing. So while I'm not too fond of the character, he certainly was never BAD at all. Sorry if I came across otherwise.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only thing I remember seeing him in other than B5 was an episode of Law & Order. I think he was a rape victim's dad.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how much screen stuff Michael's been in (need to go to IMDB...), but he is a pretty accomplished stage actor in New York. He's a working actor, with no need to be a celebrity. And he was doing well enough at the time that he was sending his son to Stuyvesant High School just down the street from above mentioned book shop. Pretty smart guy, too, and he likes the genre a lot.

One thing he told me -- the blue spacesuit he wore as the "future Sinclair" in "Babylon Squared" was the unused third Discovery I suit from the pod bay rack in 2001: A Space Odyssey. I know this because we were both at the book store on the day the episode aired, and we hung out to wtch it on the owner's TV (along with a few other customers -- *heh*).

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw him on LA Law once, presumably a repeat. And saw Claudia Christian in one too, at around the same time, maybe even the same ep (but probably not). She was playing a post-op trans-sexual!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, just checked, it WAS the same ep (a 1991 one). How weird is that?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw him on an episode of TJ Hooker (that was playing in repeats a while back) I think Armin Shimmerman was also in the episode.

Oh I also met him at a fantastic B5 convention in 1998 in Sydney - VERY nice guy. By the end of the weekend he sorta how can I say this - recognised me/acknowledged me from the other days of the con. Mira Furlan and Josh Cox were also there. Mira was great!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps