Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Tell me this is an early August Fool's joke (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tell me this is an early August Fool's joke
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:

If anyone's having trouble accepting seperate continuity, just pretend it's a funky alternate universe though the quantum mirror and relax. [/QB]

I do that everytime I come to this forum.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Egomania aside, I'd be really intrested in seeing what was originally planned (assuming that's true) for the trilogy of movies.

I think that "Elseworld" notion is right on- it's the attitude that allowed me to like SG1 in the first place- 'cause it's a far cry from the movie.

It would not diminish Sg1 in my eyes, but could be comfusing if a new fan of these new movies were to watch SG1 (too much backstory for new fansd at this point).

I just started watching SG1 last November, so its not impossible.

Granted, Space was playing episodes daily and was near the begining at the time, so it made things easier.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually prefer the movie to the series, so I am somewhat happy about this news. I doubt that there will be confusion, infact there may be less since people would only need to know of the first film in order to enjoy the second one.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now that Richard Kind's guest starred on an episode of Atlantis, the movies and series must occur in different continuties. Because, ya know, you can't have the same actor play two different characters in a sci-fi show...

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everybody do the timewarp again......

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OnToMars:
Well, now that Richard Kind's guest starred on an episode of Atlantis, the movies and series must occur in different continuties. Because, ya know, you can't have the same actor play two different characters in a sci-fi show...

Unless you count last week's SG1. [Wink]
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:

If anyone's having trouble accepting seperate continuity, just pretend it's a funky alternate universe though the quantum mirror and relax.

I do that everytime I come to this forum. [/QB]
So there's a universe where I'm polite and well adjusted?
Mom will be so happy.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
So there's a universe where I'm polite and well adjusted?
Mom will be so happy.

And you have a goatee and own Blockbuster.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I already sport a goatee and Ms. Huzinga does frequent my work...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps