Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Series that happen in the same universe... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Series that happen in the same universe...
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With "Torchwood" coming up, I've been wondering what TV series are, or have been written to happen concurrently with other series. What have we got?

-Doctor Who
-Torchwood
-Sarah Jane Investigates (just announced)
-K9 Adventures

-Star Trek et. al.

-Babylon 5 et. al.

-CSI et. al.

-Law and Order et. al.

-Highlander: The Series
-Highlander: The Raven

-JAG
-Navy NCIS

Others? I'm talking about stuff that is DELIERATELY meant to be in the same universe as another series, and not some fan's attempt to squish unrelated shows into the same continuity.

And don't bother with sitcoms and soap operas. We already know it's all the same dreck. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X-Files
The Lone Gunmen
Strange Luck (Short lived series starring D.B.Sweeney. At the end of one episode either he or another characher states something like "if I don't come back, I want you to get in touch with a friend of mine at the F.B.I. His name is Fox Mulder..."
Law & Order SVU (Richard Belzer's characher, Det. Munch shows up on X-Files)

Law & Order SVU and Homicide: Life on the Streets (Det. Munch. L&O and Homicide had a crossover episode)

Crossing Jordan and Las Vega$

There was a TV Movie of the Week back in th elate 80s that picked up the story of a Western from the 50s/60s ( Ithink it was Gunsmoke) that crossed over characters from several other westerns.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe "Homicide-Life on the Street" was also in the same "universe" as Law & Order.

There are actually people I work with at the recording studio who've been on that show, incidentally.

EDIT: Looks like Herb beat me to the punch. [Smile]

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to this page, just about ever series that was ever on TV takes place within the mind of some kid from St. Elsewhere . But that's probably the very fanboyish speculation you didn't want to hear about.

--------------------
Meh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the shows that spun off from Happy Days.

Or do shows that are intended to milk the last drops of sweet cash from shows that are over count? For instance: Joey.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.poobala.com/crossoverlist.html
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe Mark forgot Stargate! [Wink]

There were a couple of spinoffs from Cheers, too, weren't there? I never watched any of them; sitcoms aren't my cup of tea.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M*A*S*H
AfterMASH
Trapper John, M.D.

Battlestar Galactica (TOS)
The A-Team (kidding on this -- but I prefer that theory to admitting that Galactica 1980 ever happened)

Happy Days
Mork and Mindy

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, did nobody remember that Happy Days itself was a spinoff?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Homicide and X-Files were in the same universe, too. Am I the only one who remembers that episode of X-Files?!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
What, did nobody remember that Happy Days itself was a spinoff?

From, Homicide: Life in the Crappy Days.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That list on that Wikipage is totally useless without the context. I mean, how does Star Trek tie in to anything?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, apart from Team Knight Rider, which is such a stupid, imbecilic, contrived link to a stupid imbecilic show that it can be discounted.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to be one of THOSE people who do this but: didn't we already have a thread discussing this and someone linked to a 'diagram' showing the links between a whole lot of shows and some of them were VERY long bows that were drawn - mentioning Yoyodyne propulsion or something to connect Trek to the 'modern day'.

I mentioned these - so I'll mention them again...

David E. Kelly's stuff seems to all connect - but at the same time it doesn't.

Ally McBeal and The Practice crossed over with some characters (I reckon John Cage should have gone over to Donnel, Young, Dole and Frutt after Ally folded but *shrug*)... except there is one episode of Ally with Renee watching TV and the show that is playing is the 'head in the bag' episode of The Practice, totally messing with the whole concept of them being in the 'same universe'.

Boston Legal crossed over from The Practice and I believe there was a cross over with Boston Public.

There was a cross over between The Practice and Gideon's Crossing too - although I don't know if that was a David E. Kelly show.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forget where I read it, but I also read this ridiculously crazy theory that "Knight Rider" and the original "Battlestar Galactica" (with its bastard child, "Galactica 1980") took place in the same universe. Someone (not here, of course) suggested that the robot car was powered by a crashed/salvaged Cylon brain, explaining the flashing red light that was similar to the Cylons' infamous red eye.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps