Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » What's your favorite Star Wars Game (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's your favorite Star Wars Game
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering, since this question works a lot better than what's your favorite Star Trek Game (although they 've begun to get better).

I personally am still a giant fan of the old Tie-Fighter. 5 years old and still jolly good fun.

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have you know I still save my old "piett.tfr" gamesave file (every time I switch computers) containing all my experiences, from cadet to general, up to the last campaign in "Tie Fighter: Collector's Edition" which ties (no pun intended) together "Tie Fighter", "Defender Of The Empire" and "Enemies Of The Empire". Ooh, those burning A-Wings...

I still haven't finished the game, after five years, and the windows-files of today refuses to give me enough memory to play it again. Besides, it's hard to go back to 640x480 after you've played 1024x768 in "X-Wing Alliance"...

Otherwise I think "Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight" did more for the genre than DF:I did, although I loved that too. "Surrender Immediately!!!" "You Are In Violation Of Imperial Law!!!" (They never had time to finish that last sentence)

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Jedi Knight but I have yet to play Mysteries of the Sith. I have it but haven't played it yet.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then I envy you for not having played it yet. I hope you have some sort of 3d-card 'cause those games look so much better, and runs faster too.

The Obi-Wan game coming up soon looks really sweet, with a totally revised model build-up and animation system (plus nicer sabres) so should you pick it up, I hope you finish MotS first, for the difference inherent may kill old motsy right in your arms.
I think I'm starting to experience that with Diablo 2 vs. 1, I'm afraid.

------------------
How dare you, Dangerboy?

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Voodoo3 count?

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X-Wing: Alliance rules (gotta love taking out two VSDs and an ISD single-handedly; not to mention knocking out the Executor's shield generators...). Jedi Knight rules. DF ruled in its day. MotS would have been good if they'd used another character, 'cause that AIN'T Mara.

Still waiting to get my hands on "Rebellion"...

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't bother I heard it wasn't all that great (and neither was its follow up Force COmmander), maybe Lucasarts should leave RTS to Blizzard...

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rebellion is turn-based, IIRC. And CNET seemed to think it was pretty good...

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rebellion was real time, a la Pax Imperia.

------------------
"...I was just up in Canada, Toronto actually. You know, they really hate you guys [Americans] up there? The funny thing is, they think you hate them back, when in fact, you just couldn't be bothered to care. Now in Ireland, it's a different story. At least we had the common decency to wait until the English invaded before we started hating them. I guess the Canadians are hating you in advance..."
-Irish Comic Ed Byrne on Canada-US relations

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CNET would give a favorable review to Massively Multiplayer Solitaire.

------------------
Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.
--
Ambrose Bierce
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! It's useless to struggle.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Double post)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited August 29, 2000).]

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Tie Fighter: Collector's Edition" and "X-Wing Alliance" are the best!

I really love the TIE Defender and the Missile boat.

------------------
Tired of the name of your ship? Always thought that names like USS Frederickson or USS Sao Paulo were difficult to spell? Here is your chance to change that!
Introducing the new NX-2000 Renamer. It can create new names and numbers. Any text, any size, anywhere! You can also use it to change registry numbers. Always though that the number NX-59650 was to low? The Renamer can fix that! Always wanted to impress your friends on DS9 that you have an original Enterprise-D shuttle? The Renamer can change the number in mid-flight!

To order, please call us at: 0-800-CONFUSE

But wait! There is more! Order now and win a free time trip to meet the first person to field-test our Renamer: Captain Sulu! Thanks to him the Renamer is a big success.

Nim
Member # 205

*imagines defender with lasers and ions firelinked*

It was great that they didn't give you a lightsabre in the beginning of JK. I almost got goosebumps the first time I switched it on in Kyle's father's house. (Not the lawyer)

I also remember the first time I dropped down from an air vent, sabre ready, on a group of four stormtroopers passing by. Took out everyone in one big "secondary-fire"sweep, only two of them was quick enough to turn around. Limbs everywhere!

First time I played JK I went for "Good Jedi" and didn't touch any npc's.
Second time, well let's just say a whole new world opened up. Starting with that cranky bartender!
Yeah, the dark side can be seductive, allright...

What of you, Vanguard? And isn't your name from "Tie Fighter" also? Along with the ISDs Ardent and Implacable?

------------------
How dare you, Dangerboy?

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

Well, my favorite would have to be Tie Fighter, and yes one of Thrawn's command ships was the Vanguard. Of course Jedi Knight would be a close second, although I was slightly dissapointed with MotS (although I loved the sniper rifle).

------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think TIE fighter was the best game ever! From the first minute i saw it and played it i was hooked. only my copy was corrupted, and i was stuck on the one level where you have to save the TIE defenders and one of the ferries wouldn't go to hyper.

------------------
he who laughs last....thinks slowest

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps