Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » What's your favorite Star Wars Game (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's your favorite Star Wars Game
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bummer.

Damn those LucasArts cronies for kicking Obi-Wan for the PC. I think we'll have to wait long for the next Jedi-game to come forth...
But a sequel (or prequel? ) for "X-Wing: Alliance" would be good, the good background story of it was very entertaining, you felt you had goals.
Man, that YT-2000 Otana flew, I had fantasized about a revised "Falcon" before I saw it, with the cockpit in the middle, and I sure got a handful.
The fantastic shields and turrets who could either shoot boresight or track targets really surprised me.
You could also man the turrets ANH-style, and defend your craft while docking with a ship or station during combat.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Wars Insider said that the Obi-Wan game is dead completely, or 'halted indefinitely.'

My favorite Star Wars game has got to be Star Wars for the NES. Side-scrolling madness rocks!

------------------
"President Bush. It's fun saying that. Go ahead, you try." - M. Lucinsky, Spectrum Editor

"Being a liberal is one of the most gutless choices you can make. It doesn't require you to think, it only requires you to feel." - Rush Limbaugh

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jedi Knight ruled, the cutscenes were excellent, and the gameplay completely immersed me in the Starwars world. You can really see the torture of being a dark Jedi in the last Dark Path scene, where Kyle sees the hologram of his father telling him how proud he was of him, and destroys it.

Mysteries of the Sith was excellent too, with attention to detail, like the droid popping out of the wall at the entrance to Kappa the Hutt's palace, but that game could really have done with cutscenes to improve the atmosphere.

Tie Fighter was excellent, I really liked the feeling of becoming important within the Empire, and the vocal mission briefings were a nice touch. While the graphics in X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter and in-flight game were far superior, the lack of a story line and vocal mission briefings made the atmosphere a bit thin, so to speak. I haven't played the extension game for X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, but I heard it's pretty good.

------------------
"Philosophy is written in this grand book - I mean universe-which stands continuously
open to our gaze, but which cannot be understood unless one first learns to
comprehend the language in which it is written. It is written in the language
of mathematics, and its characters are triangles, circles and other geometric
figures, without which it is humanly impossible to understand a single word
of it; without these, one is wandering about in a dark labyrinth."
Galileo (1623)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps