Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Did Vader know... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Did Vader know...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we can wish they'd made space for the Leia/Vader development as much as we'd like, but it will remain the same. She neither mourned nor contemplated the fact that her greatest enemy was her father, she kissed Han in Ewok village instead... (still 5% left...)

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna, didn't you read this thread before posting? That was answered, quite well, in a couple places above.

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke Lars, huh? He wouldn't have lasted 'til 15...

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I always thought that it was kinda odd that they never showed her reaction to that revelation. Maybe it was like:

"Vader's my father"

*GASP*

"You're my sister"

*GASP*

*Kiss Han*

"Waidda minute..."

The concept was more fully dealt with in the book "Truce at Bakura".

------------------
"Omega is right."
-Jeff Karrde, March 18, 2001 08:47 PM

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So Vader will be fucking a girl twice his age...

Such language. Does no one understand the differences between "making love", "sex", and "fucking" anymore?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its the 21st century now, we teenagers like to curse every three words.

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see. In episode I, Anakin is about 9 or 10. Amidala is about 16.

In episode II, it's some ten years later, I think. Which would make Anakin, like, 20, and Amidala 26.

"Twice his age", my ass...

--Jonah

------------------

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

Nim
Member # 205

The worst of it is that Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen are the same age (-81's). He's two months older, in fact.
They're gonna have to put extra care in making him whine like Luke did so eminently in his day, that'll make him sound like the spoiled brat, and Amidala can just walk around with her royal poise and seasoned replies, she'll sound like the proverbial Reverend Mother.
I guess the six inch stilettos will do their part as well, like in Ep:I.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh god yes, we all know the characters weren't whiny enough in Episode I.

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Nim
Member # 205

Oh come on, Jar-Jar was nothing compared to Luke's "ooooh, play back the whole message!!!" or "why didn't you say so before???".

------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Nimrod, you ought to be ashamed. You forgot "But I was gonna go into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"...

--Jonah

------------------

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little off topic, but...

There's a scene in ESB where everyone is in the carbon freezing room, and Chewie (with the dismantled C3P0 on his back) starts freaking out and throwing stormtroopers all around. The next scene shows Boba Fett and Darth Vader side by side. As Chewie's back is turned, exposing C3P0, Boba Fett raises his gun to fire on the Wookie. However, for some reason Vader knocks Fett's arm back down. Why does he do this? Could it be that he didn't wan't Fett to shoot C3P0 becuase he remembered building him?...

------------------
Lisa: "Don't you remember the story of Oedipus?"
Homer: "Maybe five dollars will refresh my memory."
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"
Homer: "Uggh! Who pays for that wedding?"

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Nim
Member # 205

No, he probably wanted the wookie and princess for himself, deep down in the bowels of his personal little boat.
And maybe he didn't want to let Fett create a scene.

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Good one, Jonah.

------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or both.

Here's a question. How would Vadrer would know that C3PO is his own creation? All those C3PO look-alikes do look like C3PO you know. I don't think that the Force could sense the difference between the two unless Anakin infused C3PO with the Force so that 3PO is as whiny as he is and Luke.

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps