Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » A sequel trilogy for Star Wars??? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A sequel trilogy for Star Wars???
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have many serious doubts about eps 7-9. One of the most glaring fact about making them is that Lucas is around 60 right now. Average 4 years per movie, Eps 2, 3, 7, 8 + 9, that's 20 years. He'd be 80 when he finishes.

Even he doesn't know if he'll finish. And Nimmy-chops, I doubt he said that in an interview. It has always been held that Lucas would be the ONLY one to do Star Wars. If he died before Episode 3, then so be it.

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, he said it allright. It was in one of the most official "behind the scenes: TPM".
He would probably let someone he trusts, someone close, to produce and direct. He'd be in the shadows, pulling some strings I guess. It lies in his interests to develop the SW-universe, it's his baby.

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO: I'd rather Lucas made the Sequels to the first trilogy than the prequels. cause frankly I hate the prequels. A 9 year old kid races a piece of junk at 400+ mph, wins, then get's into a fighter for the first time, and blows up a giant battleship. that is BS. I think that "The Courtship of Princess Leia" would've been a cool movie. and maybe the Corellian Trilogy. Or even a book or two from the Rogue Squadron books. They'd all make great movies. But NOT a 9 year old kid who can fly better his first time than a seasoned veteran. even though he has the force with him. Akin to Luke Skywalker in the trench run. But luke had his T-16, and his Landspeeder. Plus he had beggar's canyon, which is alot harder to navigate than a straight trench with a hole at the end. Sorry if I offend and Prequel fans, but this is just my opinion.

------------------
he who laughs last....thinks slowest

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ahem*

DUH!!!

Pay attention to the Episode numbers. Lucas is working on I, II, and III right now. The "classic trilogy" is Episodes IV, V, and VI. How the smeg are you going to have "sequels" to the prequels between Episodes III and IV? We've all been talking about Episodes VII, VIII, and IX -- set well after Return of the Jedi.

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, he said he wanted sequels to the "first" trilogy, as in "first to be created" (IV, V, VI), not first in the timeline.

------------------
"Babies haven't any hair;
old men's heads are just as bare;
between the cradle and the grave
lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not reading either, Nimrod. He said:

"I'd rather Lucas made the Sequels to the first trilogy than the prequels. cause frankly I hate the prequels."

This implies he thought we were talking about a sequel trilogy to follow Episode III.

--Jonah

------------------

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

Nim
Member # 205

Haha, no he meant 4 through 6 allright. Do you have a problem interpreting "the first trilogy"?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He said the first trilogy - yes... I took him to mean the first trilogy made by Lucas... the first trilogy we saw... at the moment there is the first trilogy plus one episode of the prequal trilogy... He meant the eps seven eight and nine, instead of one two and three.

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

*squints*

*stares*

*tilts head to one side*

Oh, NOW I see it... Bad wording. He meant it as saying he wished Lucas had done Eps VII, VIII, and IX instead of I, II, and III, you're saying?

--Jonah

------------------

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

Nim
Member # 205

Hmm, if they'd started in 1990 with the prequels we could've had the last trilogy now, but the graphical effects would've sucked for I, II and III.
And if they would've sucked then maybe Lucas would've had neither the motivation nor the money to make the last trilogy.

I think it IS important to do the prequels, there are so many issues that need to be shown.
I have heard good things about Ep II (what little I've heard, I don't like spoilers), I think it'll work.

------------------

Samuel Hoffenstein

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know. Episode 1 sucked from I heard.

------------------
"I don't mind being called a liar when I'm lying, or am about to lie, or have just finished lying, but NOT WHEN I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!"--Homer Simpson.

IP: Logged
Nim
Member # 205

Ep I sucked from you HEARD? Well, if you haven't even seen it then go suck a sock!

I think the good stuff outweighed the bad by far, but I sense the same people that get seriously angry at Trek inconsistencies were mad that Darth Vader himslelf built C-3PO. Oops, was that a spoiler?

------------------

Samuel Hoffenstein

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read a snippet from Ewan McGregor saying in my words... Ep 1 sucked - yeah. Ep II though has a much BETTER script - he basically said it wouldn't have been hard to better ep 1's script.

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather have seen the sequels to ANH,ESB,and ROTJ(just to clear up some misunderstandings). Not the prequels. If he had to make a prequel, then i think it should have been about Ulic Quel Droma(excuse me if i spelled it wrong, but i've always had trouble with some names), or the Clone wars, or even the sith wars. that'd be cool.

------------------
he who laughs last....thinks slowest

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Clone Wars? Just what do you think the next ep's going to be about, anyway? The Clone Wars is the general theory.

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps