Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Who were those... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who were those...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a question about Return of the Jedi... who were those 'pale-looking' people that accompanied the Emperor to the Death Star? They were later seen in the Throne room... they were wearing blue and purplish red robes... they looked quite old and pale - I gather they have been twisted by the darkside? The emperor was pale and twisted, so was Vader (when the helmet came off) and well, we don't know about Darth Maul, cause he had facial tattoos.

Oh, and I'm not talking about the Imperial guards in red.

AndrewR

[ May 30, 2001: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were probably advisors etc.

Also, I think you're confusing "pale and twisted" with "over the age of 60." As for Vader, I think he fell into a lava pit.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I don't think we ever heard who or what they were. It's probable that they were human, 'cause the Emp didn't like aliens (which raises questions about Maul), but that's about all we know.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does it raise questions about Maul?

If he disliked alien species as a whole, he probably didn't mind alien individuals -- especially those "strong" in the Force, whom he could train and use to his own ends: like Maul.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole "Emperor didn't like aliens" thing is a myth, I think.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, the Empire seemed to be very racist...i.e. the officers low regard for Chewbacka...but perhaps that distaste was only for species that were quite different from humans...Maul is very humanoid.

Oh, and I believe I read somewhere that those old pale dudes were "Imperial Dignitaries"...probably members of the Imperial Senate or something...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'Grand Inquisator' (sp?) is one of them, at least that's what I've seen somewhere in a Technology book about the Death Star...

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

I don't think the reaction of a few officers towards a bear-like thing (of unknown intelligence) should be considered an indication of a "racist" empire...
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It very well could be a myth, because the first time I heard about it was in the Thrawn book series...
Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but those books are about as canon as they get, outside of novelizations of the movies.

--------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Except when they conflict with the films. Which is in every other line.
Omega
Member # 91

*L*

Riiiiiight...

I never noticed any conflict.

--------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Well, this "racism" one is already a conflict. In TPM, the emperor's co-conspirators were Darth Maul, the Neimoidians, etc.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the Zahn novels were ever intended to be canon, and I don't think a lot of what those books suggested were specificly stated in any of the Star Wars films ...

I think Zahn just asked some questions -- "Gee, why do we only see humans in Imperial uniforms?" "Gee, why do those TIE fighter pilots really suck?" -- and expanded on those answers.

Frankly, I wish the SW novel series had ended after the Zahn novels and "Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina."

I'd've been happy ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who says Maul was an alien? His skin has already been noted as "tatoos" so why can't his horns be another prosthetic enhancement?

The Neimoidians can be explained that Sidious/Palpatine was using them as a tool(as I'm sure most Lords of the Sith would see things). He certainly didn't care for them.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps