Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Who were those... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who were those...
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe we're just grasping for rationalisations here. (Although I suppose those are good points.)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK - yeah those 'officals' were 'old' but they were still pretty pale... go take a good look, the look 'sickly white' like the emperor.

Vader, too could be white because of the darkside or just because - being under a helmet for that long wouldn't really give you a tan!

Oh, and remember they can't be Senators, since the 'Galactic Senate' was dissolved in ANH - hence the line "the last vestiges of the old republic are gone" or something like that. Leia was a Senator to Alderaan. I read where Mon Mothma was a Senator too... I'd REALLY love to see more of Mon Mothma in the next two episodes - she seemed to be quite a revered figure in the alliance. Plus for the little screen time she had - she added a lot.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They could have been Imperial Governors ... or maybe the Emperor's Harem ...

I think Maul was an alien. I don't see why he'd be in disguise as an alien, I don't see why George Lucas would have him in that get-up if he wasn't supposed to be an alien, and I think you're (seriously) grasping at straws there, JeffR ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not at all, JeffK. Could you not logically assume Sith lords being so evil that they like to look menacing? Or are into self-mutalation? It's not that big a leap.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I hear that bagels who want to appear tempting to children make themselves up as donuts.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of those old, pale dudes looks like Sate Pestage from the comics...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything written in the books has to get approval from Lucasflims meaning there are few minor contradictions, and what few there are, can be explained away or can be reinterpeted, like Maul and the Nimodians being just tools of Sidious, or maybe he wasn't biased against aliens until something in Ep 2 or 3 happens maybe?

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just have to point out that Maul looks an awful lot like the ancient Sith race with the red skin and yellow eyes... Maybe yes, maybe no, but it would be cool if...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~spiff/Lords.html

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I think Maul's body is entirely black, the red details are the tattoos...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps