Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Attack on the Senator ($$AotC$$ $$poiler$$) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Attack on the Senator ($$AotC$$ $$poiler$$)
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking it would be too much of a stretch to say that Maul was Syfa-Dias. Syfa Dias was a part of the council, if I recall correctly. Surely Qui Gon would've recognized him as they fought had he been Syfa Dias.

This is where you point out, "Maybe he did recognize him, Aban" [Smile] True...maybe he did. But if he did, he did an excellent job of pretending he didn't.

The fact that Syfa is dead doesn't appear to be in dispute...it's simply when he died that people like Obi Wan aren't quite sure of. Presumably the how of the situation is also somewhat sketchy, though they didn't really go into that.

I'm going to say that both the Council and Qui Gon know/ knew more than they're saying. I seem to recall that Yoda said he was going to the water planet to inspect the clones...yet he returns having mobilized them. Seems like he got convinced of their benefit real quick.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with all of this.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be simple to explain why Qui-gon didn't recognize Darth Maul if he is the same person as this Syphillis (or whatever) guy. Maul had all kinds of tattoos. Maybe he got them as a symbol of his new found devotion to the Dark Side. Having that many tats (and horn implants) changes one's appearance greatly.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's assuming he didn't look that way normally.
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True. But I think they were decorative tattoos.
Purposefully wearing the colors of assassination like a badge of honor would make the character cooler to me than if he just looks that way naturally. Makes him more dangerous, and crazier.

Besides, I doubt we'll see anybody else that looks like Darth Maul in this series, unless they're Sith.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black and red are "the colors of assassination"?
Member # 480

heh. yeah, sure, why not?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maul did have Sith tatoos all over his body, but the horns are part of his physiology. Incedentally there's another of his species in the film, Jedi Councilman Eeth Koth. They're Zabraks.

-

-

-

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had heard that Eeth was the same species as Maul...but their horns don't really look the same. Guess it could be two different races within their species.

Maul was pretty much raised by Palpatine and trained from a very young age to kill Jedi. He was an assassin and a behind the scenes guy. The comic series about him taking out the Black Sun leadership is pretty cool and it really shows how Sidious uses him.

I really don't think that Maul will turn out to be Syfo-Dias.

Incidently, an early version of the cast list lists Syfo-Dias as a "Jedi imposter" hinting that he may have originally had a scene in the film. It also seems to suggest that it's not any of the characters we've seen before. If it is one of the characters we've already seen, I'm voting for Sidious in disguise.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that too, maybe Sypho-dias was Sidious... sounds similar... Its's presumably also the same time the Sith came back on the scene...

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it was that little Yaddle lady.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That guy with the horns looks so fake. At least Maul's horns look somewhat real.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're just round-horn-ist. [Smile]

Do they have nice clear pics like that of all the Jedi (at least in the council) somewhere?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

starwars.com
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it ever stated anywhere that the Army of the Republic was going to be clone-based? I thought that when they finally voted for the Military Creation Act, they enlisted the clones because they were there, ready, willing and able.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

From what I got, the Senate was voting on whether or not to create an Army of the Republic, but I don't think they ever mentioned what the Senate's impression was of just how this army would be raised if it was voted for. I don't think they necessarily knew it would be clone based, and they definitely didn't know that the army was already being produced.

It's possible, though, that they did know the army would be clone based...maybe that's one of the reasons that so many people had a problem with it. But they still didn't know about the Clones on Kamino.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps