Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » SW on DVD in SEPTEMBER (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: SW on DVD in SEPTEMBER
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He must be in desperate need of money... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Star Wars' DVD Set to Debut in September
February 10, 2004
By ANTHONY BREZNICAN / AP Entertainment Writer
"Star Wars" fans will finally get the Force-feeding they've been asking for. The original three "Star Wars" films -- among the most anticipated on DVD -- will be released in the digital format Sept. 21 in North America, LucasFilm Ltd. and 20th Century...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/search/dispatcher.front?Query=star+wars+dvd&target=article

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But then he realized he could make twice the money by releasing them as (at least) two separate versions. I can't wait for HD-DVD to get here and fuck up everyone's collections again. That's gonna be rad. I've got the laser disks (THX and others), and as soon as I get my G5, I'll be making some proper DVDs. Though I hear there is one Hong Kong release that's supposed to be pretty solid.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"That's gonna be rad"?

"That's suppossed to be pretty solid"?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AndrewR: Yes, I've seen the lost scenes, as I have the CD with them on. You can probably find them on the Internet somewhere. I'm not sure if these are all of the scenes they cut, just the most notable.

Also, I'm pretty sure Padme WILL NOT be added to the DVD.

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't expect him to make any changes from the SE. But then, out of all the changes, only two of them really, really piss everyone off.

1/ Stupid new dance number in Jedi (although to be fair, almost all of Jabba's Palace is rubbish).

2/ Greedo. Shooting. First.

If he just changes the second of them, people up and down the land will proclaim him as their new god. Again.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3) Luke. Screaming.
4) Vader. Being. Redubbed.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Also, I'm pretty sure Padme WILL NOT be added to the DVD."

One would hope not. Her having been dead about twenty years before ANH started, and all...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
3) Luke. Screaming.
4) Vader. Being. Redubbed.

3. Meh

4. If you're referring to the "Alert My Star Destroyer To Prepare For My Arrival", I'm sure I read somewhere (possibly TheForce.net) confirmation that it actually is James Earl Jones, and it's an original line that was never used.

If not, really, it's not a big deal. Not on the Greedo level.

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who gives a fuck whether Greedo or Han shoots first?
Honestly, that's about the most unimportant issue on the planet - or any other planet for that matter.

**puts.on.asbestos.suit**

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because it speaks volumes about Solo's character, dammit.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

I don't see the significance, really. Han Solo is a hard-edged badass likeable kind of guy.
Whether that Greedo punk shoots first or not doesn't change that fact a bit.

Get a life! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it speaks more about Greedo as a credible threat. I mean if he can miss, by about half a meter, someone who is sitting right in front of him then he's pretty fucking useless, isn't he?
To paraphrase Dr McCoy; how can he be blind with eyes like that?!

Not that changing the scene really bothered me (and I quite liked the 'Jedi Rocks' sequence [Wink] ) but I do perfer the idea that Han is cold blooded enough to shoot shoot someone under the table without much warning.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read an interview with Lucas a while back in either Star Wars Insider or Cinemafantastique or some similar mag where he stated that Greedo had always fired first, but the sequence of shots in the original cut didn't make that clear, hence fans thinking that Solo fired first. He said the more obvious shot in the SE was simply to clarify what he had always intended.

Now, of course, there are many fantics who will just say Lucas is full of bullshit, but for what it's worth...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Han didn't fire first, Han is a moron. If Lucas didn't intend for him to fire first, Lucas is a moron. And that's all I have to say about that.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps