Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Lego Millennium Falcon: modified (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lego Millennium Falcon: modified
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"He has the Force on his side, after all."

You don't know the power of the Dark Side. At all. B)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Legos legos everywhere.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
Jason:

The only unique pieces on this set are the two 1/2 canopy pieces that form the cockpit.

THe guns and the blue glowy engine part look pretty unique to me (though it's been years since I acrually had any Legos, so I could be in error).

Thanks Snay and Boh for the tips on the generix Legos.
Toys R Us (Who, incidentally will no longer sell toys at all next year in favor of baby crap and video games) only had the giant lego sets.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Babys R Us a seperate store?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rifle in this interior shot isn't Lego - it's made by The Little Armory.

If, on the other hand, you're speaking of this gun, you'll notice it is made of regular Lego parts. He's used the "binoculars" to connect "generic tool."

The "blue glowy engine part" is a repainted hose. It's been around for a few years (at the minimum, from Lego's first Falcon release).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute... realistic weapons for your Legos...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
Isn't Babys R Us a seperate store?

I read that they were folded back into the main company in a scaleback move.

No temp positions are being offered for the Christmas season here in south Florida it seems: a friend of mine has temped there for several years now during the season but not this year.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

liverpoollucan
Member # 1584

- posted      Profile for liverpoollucan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know untill i visited that link to the lego site and saw people selling lego bricks and buying pieces like they were gold bars, i actually had a little faith in the intelligence of the population. Oh my that is possibly the saddest thing i have ever seen [Frown]
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I recall when building things from Lego required some imagination: now it's just a really poor model kit at best with so many custom pieces unique to only that particular overpriced lego set.
My feelings exactly. Most of my Lego Sets date back to the late 70s to mid 80s. In those days, you could turn any model into anything else.
Nowadays you buy, say, a helicopter and you get hardly any pieces you could use to build something different.
As far as the Star Wars models are concerned, the best counter-example is the Star Destroyer #10030.
Sure, it seems expensive, yet you get thousands of generic grey pieces which you can use to build anything from the BTTF DeLorean time machine to the Ent NX-01.

That's what I call a universally great model - no pun intended...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps