Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars timeline, or: why Hayden Christensen is in RotJ... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Wars timeline, or: why Hayden Christensen is in RotJ...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The RotS plot outlines at IMDb reveal two things: it's three years after AotC, and Amidala is pregnant. Assuming the twins are born either during, or shortly after RotS, here's the approximate timeline of the movies, as near as I can figure, with Anakin's birth starting year 0:

year 10: TPM
year 20: AotC
year 23: RotS
year 43: ANH
year 44: TESB
year 45: RotJ

So, here's my theory: Lucas inserted Hayden Christensen into the end of RotJ because there's no way 78-year-old Sebastian Shaw could pass for a 45-year-old Anakin Skywalker.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad at 60 looks better than his dad did at 40. Hard living can age a body
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, witness what the Dark Side did to Palpatine.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, but Palpatine has been flossing, exfoliating and cleansing with the Dark Side for years yet he looks healthy enough. That said, we also see him as Sidious having some hot sabre-on-sabre action with someone and he looks a bit ill. So I'm not sure what's going on there.

Is that Anakin cloaked & hooded with the yellow eyes?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:

Is that Anakin cloaked & hooded with the yellow eyes?

Sure looks that way...mabye Darth Maul's eyes were a lovely scandinavian blue before he turnned to the Dark Side....

Hmmm....premature aging, yellowy teeth and skin, grvelly voice, dependence on respirators to live...
The dark Side is the Tobacco Insustry.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had they made Anakin an adult in EP 1 instead of a kid, he'd be closer to looking like Sebastian Shaw.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLus, we'd have been spared that annoying, talentless brat and Lucas' innane scripting of "Yipiee!".

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, like, that Jar Jar is soooooo annoying.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Jar Jar is really not sooo bad from astorytelling POV: I recall my mom thought C3PO was annoying (and an actress!) but I like him as a kid.
A kid I used to babysit for got hooked on the SW movies because she loved Jar Jar, so there's the reason for that.

I just wish I could decipher half of that he says in his "sambo-speak".

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I've read, the kids will definitely be born during the course of the movie. But what I've read could be wrong.

In the trailer, there's a pic of Palpatine that shows him appearing much younger than he did in Ep 2. This was either a reused shot from Ep 1, or shows that Palp has somehow deageified himself. I think the EU explanation for this is his use of clones. He wears one body out and then jumps into a new, younger version of himself. But it's unclear as to whether he had ever done this during the run of the movies.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My personal theory that Palpatine has been using the force to mask his true appearance (Sith eyes and inbred teeth). From what Yoda said in AotC it seams as though they know the Darkside as blinded them somehow, I mean the greatest Jedi Master in the order is sat right across from a Sith Lord and the best he can muster is a suspicious frown.

Nice to see they're using the "old" lightsaber hilts again for Kenobi and Skywalker, a nice-tie in to the classic movies.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I was pleased to see the Ep 4 sabers turn up in this movie. My only saber problems throughout the prequils have been the fact that Obi Wan didn't keep Qui Gon's saber after his death and the reuse of episode 1 sabers for not-so background Jedi in Episode 2.

It's certainly possible that Palp is masking his appearance. In the novels, Luke was able to make his face look different using a mind trick. Seeing Palp suddenly reveal himself as Sidious to Mace before slicing and dicing would be pretty cool, actually.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

POST TRAILER REVIEW EDIT: Upon looking at the trailer again, the scene where Mace spins around to slash with his lightsaber definitely takes place on Coruscant in what looks like Palp's office. That would seem to suggest that he's fighting either Palpatine or Anakin playing bodyguard. The look on his face kind of says he knows he's about to be ventilated.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I think Mace and Yoda laready know/suspect that Palpy is the Sith Lord but confronting him would mean civil war in the Republic.

After all, what can they say if they took him out?

"Um...y'see....he was EVIL and although YOU VOTED FOR HIM, we know what's best for you (cause of our vaguely defined powers and abilities)...so we sorta...well...killed him.
You can vote for someone we approve of now."

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They wouldn't tolerate working next to a Sith Lord.

Aban Rune: "Yes, I was pleased to see the Ep 4 sabers turn up in this movie."

Funny, in the Clone Wars episodes, Anakin has his ANH silver lightsaber with the light-turqoise blade, wheras in AOTC he had a silver proto-Vader saber with a dark blue blade, just like Obi-Wan.

But Obi-Wan still has his Qui-Gonnish saber throughout the Clone Wars series, so either he loses his saber in the first half of ROTS (lol) and we see him build the Guinness one, or he just starts the movie with it and no questions asked.

I guess it will be the latter, they did it with Mace Windu and tied it up nicely in the Visual Dictionary.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps